Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 05-04-2019, 12:39 PM
Senior Chief

Default 69 Firebird Restoration Part 261: Door weatherstripping question...

Ok, in my ongoing quest to restore this 69 Bird I got four years ago, the carb linkage, tranny, electrical, etc are all fixed.

So I took it out for a high speed run on Sunday, and the wind noise coming in the driver's door is just nuts. Took a look at the weatherstripping, and it appears the w/s has been cut to fit on the driver's side, but not the passenger side.

So here's what I've got. What I need are pics of a non cut, standard drivers door weatherstripping for a 69 Firebird coupe for comparison so I order the right weather stripping kit. I guess Soff Seal is good, any others recommended?

Thanks in advance!

Jim S

Old 05-04-2019, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got my stuff from Steele Rubber. They are highly recommended and I was happy with my stuff. They are a little higher in price, but I feel you get what you pay for in most cases. My car is a’64 A-body, not a ‘bird. Just so ya know.
Here is their site:https://www.steelerubber.com/

Old 05-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest1964 View Post
I got my stuff from Steele Rubber. They are highly recommended and I was happy with my stuff. They are a little higher in price, but I feel you get what you pay for in most cases. My car is a’64 A-body, not a ‘bird. Just so ya know.
Here is their site:https://www.steelerubber.com/
Yep, thanks, I took a look. I'm going to call my body shop and see what they think. Since they're going to paint it, they probably need to check the door/glass alignment and they may as well put it on.

Until then...damn is it loud at freeway speeds.