Old 01-08-2003, 01:30 AM

I am planning on installing a keyless entry system and an alarm on my 1966 pontiac lemans and was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for the car. It would really make everything a lot easier. if you have one my email is lemans1966@hotmail.com.

Also i was wondering how to take off the interior door handles so i can get the door panel off. thanks you in advance for any help

Old 01-08-2003, 01:30 AM

I am planning on installing a keyless entry system and an alarm on my 1966 pontiac lemans and was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for the car. It would really make everything a lot easier. if you have one my email is lemans1966@hotmail.com.

Also i was wondering how to take off the interior door handles so i can get the door panel off. thanks you in advance for any help

Old 01-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a '67 diagram; it should be similar.

To remove the inside handles you can get a tool from your local store, (not expensive), or a pair of long nose pliers, or, what has worked for me, a stiff wire with a hooked end.

Basically, there is a external circlip around the inside of the handle that catches on a groove on the stub shaft from the door. Push the panel away from the handle and you may see the circlip as you look between the handle and the door panel. Grab or hook the end of the circlip and pull it off sideways (parallel to the door surface). To put the handle back on, just put the circlip on the inside of the handle and push the handle back on the door.

Regards, Georg

Old 01-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 428GTO70

Another thing that works to get those clips off is feeding a rag behind it and turning it around the handle. It should snag the end of the clip and pull it off.

GR-RRR!

1970 GTO 458 CID .040 over 4 Bolt 428 Block, Forged Eagle 455 Crank, 295 CFM SD KRE D-Ports, SD Old Faithful HR Cam + Comp HR Lifters, PPR Maxx-lite rods, Racetec pistons, PRW 1.65 SS Rockers, 900CFM Holley HP TBI, Performer RPM, Hooker Super Comps, 3" X-Pipe into 2.5" mufflers/tailpipes, 2.75 1st TH400, Continental 13" Converter, 8.5" 3.08 Posi.
Everything installed, fired up and tuning has begun!