Old 05-29-2000, 11:02 PM

Can anyone tell me what type of moulding removal tool I can use to remove the rear window moulding from around the back window and at the bottom of the back window on a 63 bonneville 2dr ht.Also moulding around windshield, same problem.

Old 05-29-2000, 11:02 PM

Can anyone tell me what type of moulding removal tool I can use to remove the rear window moulding from around the back window and at the bottom of the back window on a 63 bonneville 2dr ht.Also moulding around windshield, same problem.

Old 06-05-2000, 11:38 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

You can go to any good parts store and purchase a window trim removal tool. It looks like a flat with a curve or hook on the end. Some have two sides. Same but a mirror of the other side. You use the tool by lifting up the trim and go to the clip that holds it in place and hook on to the clip and pull it back. It would be better if you went to a Junk yard and practiced on a chevy. It is not an easy job. If you pull to hard on the trim you could bend it.

Old 06-20-2000, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the FYI Blackcat.Bought a tool that is flat with a hook on each end.It would not work as it came from the factory,the rubber seal kept it from engaging the clips.I bent the hooks down to a 45 degree angle,then using silicone lube and a LOT of patience,I finally got them off with no damage to the moulding or the clips.