Old 10-29-2022, 09:48 PM

Default 72 ram air with performer RPM

I have a 72 lemans with the T41 package and would like to make the ram air functional. Does anyone know if is possible to massage it to work with the taller performer RPM intake?

Old 10-29-2022, 10:58 PM

The air cleaner will be moving up 1-1/4” higher than if you were using a factory intake.

So there’s that.

Are you married to that RPM intake? Engine absolutely needs it to make the power you want with aftermarket heads and a big cam?

If not, then switching back to a stock (perhaps reworked a bit) iron intake would be the best way to go. The stock iron and aluminum Q-Jet intakes can easily handle enough air flow for 500+ horsepower engines.

Old 10-30-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
The air cleaner will be moving up 1-1/4” higher than if you were using a factory intake.

So there’s that.

Are you married to that RPM intake? Engine absolutely needs it to make the power you want with aftermarket heads and a big cam?

If not, then switching back to a stock (perhaps reworked a bit) iron intake would be the best way to go. The stock iron and aluminum Q-Jet intakes can easily handle enough air flow for 500+ horsepower engines.
No sir I am not married to the rpm. Just exploring my options. I have an early iron intake too and am trying to get in touch with SD performance to have it worked over.