THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-19-2022, 07:24 PM

Default Carter Auto Restyling YouTube channel

One of my recent favorite YouTube channels is Carter Auto Restyling: https://www.youtube.com/@CarterAutoRestyling It's a young fellow in Canada who does some pretty impressive auto body work - rust repair, fabrication, dents, metal finishing. He has a quirky sense of humor and mainly works on Advanced Design (1947-1953) Chevy pickups that are by most standards way too far gone to even consider saving, but when he's done with a repair it looks better than new. Pretty educational to see what can be done in a home garage with a minimum of tools.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2022, 09:37 AM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the link I watched couple of the videos. I like his approach on repairs, nice to see another talented guy.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Thanks, Stuart!!
I will watch one soon.

There's a guy in California. Named Jonathon Ward. He owns a company called ICON. They "build" 47-55-1/2 Chevy pickups, 1st generation Ford Broncos ( and the newest ones. I think) and the Toyota FJ stuff.

He does build other, older vehicles, also. His videos don't primarily pertain to all the build specifics, but he is usually test driving a finished product, which he explains most of the build details. His finished products are not for the "faint of wallet". He never mentions $$$, but on the list of questions that the innerweb asks, they say His builds run from $200,000.00 to $1,000,000.00 PLUS!!! In his internet YouTube videos, his explanation of his builds pretty much tell you that ALL the details his company goes through to build ANY of his vehicles. They are insane!!!

I mostly watch the Chevrolet pickup videos. Mt Dad had a 50 1/2 ton 5 window...LOL, to this day he regrets selling it (he needed a newer for his filling station business).

ICONS Chevy pickups all start with a Art Morrison chassis. All have a GM crate engine. All are the higher HP LS engines of some kind. They are backed up with either a Tremac manual trans or a GM 4 speed auto, that is always capable of handling the huge horsepower of the accompanying engine. Most have a Dana 60 Strange brand independent differential or a Ford 9 inch.

Bla, bla. It's something I enjoy!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-22-2022, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats hilarious when hits that fender with the hammer.

Old 11-23-2022, 01:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbygto65 View Post
Thats hilarious when hits that fender with the hammer.
Yeah, for a second there. I thought he had been watching too many Vice Grip garage videos.....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-29-2022, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
One of my recent favorite YouTube channels is the Bulletproof Garage https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE. The host is a handsome middle-aged fella in Virginia who also happens to be a long-time forum member! He's rebuilding a field find '87 F350 now, but also has a few early Bronco videos up and he's teased us with some Pontiac related (his 68 Lemans convt) content. Pretty educational to see what can accomplish in a home garage with a minimum of common sense and very little actual skill.
Fixed it for ya!

Just kidding. I'll check out the channel. I need to do some bodywork on my beat-up '69 Bronco and could use some tips.