THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:57 PM
Suspended

Default Anyone watch "Antenna TV" channel?

I found this last week. Its like the old "TV Land" channel when it was good only this (IMO) is better.

So far I've watched Burt Reynolds, George Carlin and Richard Pryor on Johnny Carson. Also saw an episode of "I Dream of Jeannie" where Major Nelson was driving a '65 GTO convertible (with a tail light out).

A lot of cool old shows on that channel from the 50's to the 80's.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It isn't on Comcast. You have Verizon or a dish that has it?

I'm so sick of Comcrap it ain't funny. We can't get Verizon and I don't want a dish setup. So we're stuck with crap.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's not on my free TV channels I get with antenna. Hope they add it. I get ME TV which has a lot of old stuff. Been watching lately and the old Andy Griffith shows were a hoot. Also get Grit channel that has old westerns, and that is fun.

Weird aside: my parents did not get a color TV until after I left home (73). So I see old shows and movies now, that I always thought were black and white and am shocked they are in color. I always thought Hogans Hero's was B&W.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
It's not on my free TV channels I get with antenna. Hope they add it. I get ME TV which has a lot of old stuff. Been watching lately and the old Andy Griffith shows were a hoot. Also get Grit channel that has old westerns, and that is fun.

Weird aside: my parents did not get a color TV until after I left home (73). So I see old shows and movies now, that I always thought were black and white and am shocked they are in color. I always thought Hogans Hero's was B&W.
Yes, "MeTV" is another good channel but I'm really liking this "Antenna TV" channel.

Do you know how long its been since I've seen "That Girl" or "Hazel"

Old 02-11-2021, 09:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
It isn't on Comcast. You have Verizon or a dish that has it?

I'm so sick of Comcrap it ain't funny. We can't get Verizon and I don't want a dish setup. So we're stuck with crap.
I have Spectrum. Spectrum is Comcast. I would think you'd have it. Its one of the 4 digit channels.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The TV antenna does get some good rerun stuff, which is. better then any new stuff.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chief, that must be one you have to subscribe too.

Our bill is so high even with their Basic plan that we won't pay to get any of their subscription channels. This is what happens with deregulation. They go nuts on charging high fees for crap. Our next step is going back to that antenna on the roof.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 02-11-2021, 11:18 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Chief, that must be one you have to subscribe too.

Our bill is so high even with their Basic plan that we won't pay to get any of their subscription channels. This is what happens with deregulation. They go nuts on charging high fees for crap. Our next step is going back to that antenna on the roof.
Yeah I think we're on a tier 2. Because I watch all the NHRA races I need FS1 and FS2 and FS2 is in tier 2.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chief of the 60's For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2021, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We get Antenna TV locally when the weather is good. We have no cable, so sometimes in the evening I flip through channels and something of interest will be on.

The Following User Says Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2021, 12:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There are a lot of OTA TV stations here that broadcast good old TV shows. Antenna TV, MeTV, H&I, CW26, The U, Decades, Heartland, and more. There is little on the old original networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) that are worth watching after football season ends. With a roof antenna and TV, an OTA DVR, and ROKU for streaming video we are set for free TV. Strange as it might seem, we have never had cable of any kind.

Last edited by JimFB400HO; 02-12-2021 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep. I've got over the air. Watch Johnny Carson almost every night. He still looks good!

Old 02-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Antenna TV and METV are similar in their content. Between those 2 channels and TCM about the only thing I watch anymore. I can barely tolerate the crap thats on prime time now. Our cable bill is through the roof. One of these days Im gonna get a digital antenna and see how good that works out. If its good, say goodbye to cable. The problem with our provider is that they have many multiple packages to choose from. If you pick multiples there are discounts. I have 3 which is pretty basic, no hbo or anything like that. Out of the 200 or so channels I watch about 5. And it seems that each one is in a different package.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just tried to get it with Comcast. It comes up as a Subscription with the name of ANTEN. So I guess it's out for me. MeTV is good too as I do watch it once in a while.

I've been watching On Demand and Peacock. Just the free stuff. LOL I've been trying to keep up with "Yellowstone" but it's a hit and miss lately. I get just so far with the free episodes and then it turns to where they want you to pay. Also waiting for the the 2nd and 3rd seasons to come out as a package for each. I do have the 1st season tho. Found it at Walmart. Kelly Ripley is HOT.

Gary
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Old 02-12-2021, 12:25 PM

Loves me some MeTV! Perry Mason lets me think all is right in the world...

Old 02-12-2021, 12:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm about ready to ditch Spectrum altogether (see autopay thread). With the offerings on Roku for free (or minimal pay channels) and local over-the-air channels, I may pocket the $165/month bundle/package for internet/VOIP/TV and just get fiber for my internet & Roku.

Anybody cut the cord and do this? Experiences?

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
Anybody cut the cord and do this? Experiences?
Go up five posts.

Get an OTA DVR too. I record old shows like Combat, McGyver, and Black Sheep when I cannot watch then enjoy them when I want.

When I think about how much we have saved by not having cable for the past decades..............

Old 02-12-2021, 01:46 PM

We have comcast and are still on the special package deal with HBO and Showtime included. I thought I was going to be watching all these great movies but HBO and Showtime movies are a lot of repeats. Once the special offer is over HBO/Showtime will go away along with cable TV. I just had to buy a new TV due to burned out pixels on curved Samsung TV in the middle of screen which made a black line. I decided to but another Samsung TV and noticed on this new Samsung TV gives you free Samsung channels through the internet. Nothing great but free channels are better then no channels. It looks like most Networks are going to make you pay for their new shows like Motortrend on demand or AMC plus. I just bought a Roku soundbar and might give them a shot as well. Anyone looking for a good soundbar with clear voices check it out. I replaced my Polk soundbar which was okay with bass sounds but voices were always kind of muted.

Old 02-13-2021, 01:37 PM
Suspended

Maybe its because I have a life, but I don't have much time for TV. I have "free" TV via antennae and get enough channels that I enjoy when I do watch TV.

I have seen it all too often that the basic pay-for TV is just that and then to customize it increases costs. Then after time, that great deal on whatever you have slowly begins to go up and the bill begins to look way more than the return in watching just a few channels that you only watch anyway. Funny how people with 300 channels will just sit there and click through them all like a rotisserie- still not satisfied in finding "that one" they want to watch.

BTW - I still use a flip-phone.

Cost to watch my TV - $0 a month
Cost of my flip phone - $49.00 a month

Savings - Goes into my project car. I invest in something with a return, not toss it away to the cable/satellite people with nothing to show for it.

Old 02-13-2021, 04:49 PM

I just got a couple of Fire Stick 4K and is great, it uses the internet. You buy Fire Stick 4K for $50.00 and there is a lot of free content no monthly fees and also all kinds of pay channels cheap.

Old 02-22-2021, 03:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gary, it's free TV with a digital antenna.