Test & Tune Ask questions about the features and functions of the Forums.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Posting Pictures Directly From Hard Drive Storage

I often post thumbnails from my stored photos, but sometimes want to post larger versions of these pictures. Can this be done without resorting to online storage?

I've tried several times, using previous posts, but have not been able to do this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tom Glatch GTO Pics IV.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	548402  

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 09-01-2020, 12:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

To embed a picture along with the text, which usually gives you the ability to size it any way you like, I can only get done with online storage. (Google Photos in my case). All of the research I've done on bbcode and posting images requires online storage of some sort. The mentality being the PY Admins want all the heavy lifting down by servers other than their own, (who can blame them!) which is why they limit our image uploads.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
Old 09-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Imgur

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 09-01-2020, 03:09 PM

After you post the thumbnail, click on it once to bring it up in a box with a darkened background, then click on it again to open it up in a new window. copy the address from the top of the page, it will look like this: https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...2&d=1598971843 Then, go back and edit your post.

After you click on edit, then click on the little square icon that has a yellow background with a miniature mountain on it. That opens up a box where you can paste the address of the picture. Click on OK, then save your edit.

It sounds kind of tedious but once you get the hang of it, it only takes a few seconds.

Last edited by Stuart; 09-01-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
After you post the thumbnail, click on it once to bring it up in a box with a darkened background, then click on it again to open it up in a new window. copy the address from the top of the page, it will look like this: https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...2&d=1598971843 Then, go back and edit your post.

After you click on edit, then click on the little square icon that has a yellow background with a miniature mountain on it. That opens up a box where you can past the address of the picture. Click on OK, then save your edit.

It sounds kind of tedious but once you get the hang of it, it only takes a few seconds.

Stuart nailed it.

This is the best you can do;
I often upload the picture, then close that window - immediately after which you will see that the image is attached;
then, without doing anything else, right click over the attached image file name, and opt to open it in a new window;
after it opens in a new window you can grab copy a new url, then close that window, go to the post you're composing, and use the insert image feature using the captured url.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 09-01-2020, 11:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nice trick! Learn something new everyday

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread