Old 02-17-2021, 04:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Which harnesses?

I will be converting my ‘66 GTO from standard gauges to rally gauges. Studying the wiring harnesses offered by our host, it appears I will only need dash harness M09520(V8 Column Shift AT or All MT, w/Gauges) and tach harness M11095(1966 All V 8). Is that all I need as far as harnesses go?

Old 02-18-2021, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If I remember correctly there is a harness that converts standard gauge to ralley gauges by extending the needed wires for water temp, and oil pressure, and fuel. If your original harness is in good condition, this is an inexpensive option. Tach harness is always seperate except for the lights which plug into the existing dash harness.

Old 02-18-2021, 08:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would call M&H and speak to Darrin to confirm.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-18-2021, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigto View Post
I would call M&H and speak to Darrin to confirm.
Agree. I put a new M&H in my car last year. Colors were exact match to original. Harness was very easy to install and looks 100% original.

66 GTO 389 3x2, 4 speed, 4.33 gear, Montero Red 33K original Miles
67 GTO 2dr Post, 428, Tri Power, 3.55 Gears
80 Trans Am Black SE Y84 W72 WS6
Old 02-18-2021, 09:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Which harnesses

Yes, I will be using M&H harnesses front to rear, since my existing wiring looks suspect to me. and I’ve been very happy using their products on previous projects. Not cheap to replace everything, but I just don’t want to hassle with all the crazy electrical quirks that often come with 50 year old wires.