Old 05-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

'67 didn't use the lower cover, not sure why it went away?
When putting the last '67 together I swore we had forgotten it but after looking back at all the other '67s realized, Oh no cover.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:05 AM

Thanks for all the pics, they help a lot. I installed the AC main duct yesterday, and it's now perfectly clear where everything goes.

I had the same question about the little tab on the end of the lap vent bracket. It appears that something was designed to fit into it, but my car seems to have had nothing there. I also have nothing covering the gap under the steering column, but it looks like it was designed to be covered.

Now, back to the ash tray. I will snap some more pics. It appears that it fits fine without the repro trim piece that I bought, but the trim puts it down too far below the bottom of the dash. I'll either have to go without the trim or I'll rig up some way to raise the ash tray.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave,

The ash tray bracket goes above the dash lip, the trim piece goes below the dash lip. Tinnerman nuts are pushed on to the bracket, not the dash. Is that your problem?
If you have it below dash lip, trim will not line up correctly.

Look closely at previous picture posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P0010553.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	396914  

Last edited by Old Goat 67; 05-05-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:05 AM

Thanks Charles.
Yes, I have the nuts on the ash tray bracket, which I installed above the two metal tabs on the dash. I installed the trim below the lip, but its position is determined by the bottom of the dash. When I install it this way, things don't really go together. It makes me think that my dash bezel is down too far, but everything else lines up just right (radio holes, etc.).

Dave

Old 05-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmmmm. Are you saying the trim does not align with the "chrome line" on the bezel?
Did previous owner bend tabs on dash trying to make it fit?

Are you going to make me come up there son?

How about some pictures?

Old 05-05-2015, 01:43 PM

If I install the tray with the trim, it does align with the bezel. BUT, the ash tray is then down quite a bit too far, and the original screws definitely don't reach the nuts on the ash tray, if it's installed above the dash tabs.

It does not appear that the previous owner bent the tabs, but who knows? It was installed without the trim, so they may have. The ash tray fit well before, without the trim, so perhaps they did. I always hate to bend things to make them fit, at least before asking those in the know.

Will get some pics, the darn day job always gets in the way.....