Old 08-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Engine won't turn over.I've got a 72 GTO I've done from ground up. I had it started before I put the body on by just rigging up some wires to the starter, my ignition and then to a battey. I then put the body on and wired up the engine, which includes a Mallery 9000 Comp. distributor and Promaster coil all with new wiring harnesses. I followed the wiring diagram on the dis. and coil, by the brown wire ground, green to neg. on coil, red to hot on coil w/another from there going to one side of the resister. On the other side of the resister I have the factory hot coil wire(which reads 12V w/key on) and a jumper wire from the factory dir. wire(The blue wire that would plug in the cap). I have tail lights but it won't turn over. Could it somting w/the neutral saftey switch? I also checked to make sure I had the starter wired up right as well as checked for 12V at alternator, all was good. So what do you think?

Old 08-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Engine won't turn over.I've got a 72 GTO I've done from ground up. I had it started before I put the body on by just rigging up some wires to the starter, my ignition and then to a battey. I then put the body on and wired up the engine, which includes a Mallery 9000 Comp. distributor and Promaster coil all with new wiring harnesses. I followed the wiring diagram on the dis. and coil, by the brown wire ground, green to neg. on coil, red to hot on coil w/another from there going to one side of the resister. On the other side of the resister I have the factory hot coil wire(which reads 12V w/key on) and a jumper wire from the factory dir. wire(The blue wire that would plug in the cap). I have tail lights but it won't turn over. Could it somting w/the neutral saftey switch? I also checked to make sure I had the starter wired up right as well as checked for 12V at alternator, all was good. So what do you think?

Old 08-17-2004, 04:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Never mind, I got it.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

so what was it?