Old 03-27-2001, 12:27 PM

Recently purchased a 65 Grand Prix that was "more than clean". Yeah. Right. NOT!! I was planning on driving it while I worked on it. Well, it is in for complete restoration as we speak. Problem is, the rear tail lights are badly pitted and someone painted them out with black paint - and a poor job as well. Where can I get NOS or clean rear tail light bezels? Also, the "grill work" that goes between the tail lights below the trunk lid, as well as the piece that is on the trunk lid. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-27-2001, 12:27 PM

Recently purchased a 65 Grand Prix that was "more than clean". Yeah. Right. NOT!! I was planning on driving it while I worked on it. Well, it is in for complete restoration as we speak. Problem is, the rear tail lights are badly pitted and someone painted them out with black paint - and a poor job as well. Where can I get NOS or clean rear tail light bezels? Also, the "grill work" that goes between the tail lights below the trunk lid, as well as the piece that is on the trunk lid. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-27-2001, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good Luck, I've spent 4 years looking for a 65 Bonneville tail panel. Found a decent one but in no way show quality. Best Of Luck! (you'll need it!) That's why I dig my 66's so much. I can get parts for them anywhere.

Old 03-28-2001, 08:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi ChasRoy,

If you can, keep your eyes on Ebay and in Hemming's Motor News...

not to depress you, but I saw a '65 GP tailpanel at a swap meet last year...VERY clean and straight- sitting down? good- $600 took it home! To me, that's robbery. Unfortunately, re-chroming wouldn't be any cheaper [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2001, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

everyone is right it took me 2 years to find a catalina that needed to be rechromed. took me another 10 months for the chrome plating guy to finish it . ive seen them for a $1000 and $1200. if you go to the poci convention in july you should be able to find one or run an ad in smoke signals magazine or call pete at 503 665 4644 he has 65 to 67 parts available at a fair price