Old 12-07-2018, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I see it at Barrett Jackson and Mecum auctions all the time. Red, blue and black cars get the most money. Probably the same applies to GTO Judges.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishieldchief View Post
Yes, a color change will devalue your car.

Respect the car and keep it original and correct.

If you do not like the color or option load of your Judge, do not change it ,sell it for a Judge that does.
This..

When I bought my Judge I specifically did NOT look for OO. That was my last color choice.

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made
Old 12-07-2018, 08:35 AM

This possibly the wrong category but the right subject picked up a 69 gto power window air safety trac car for parts to build others this is a non judge car any way when I brought it home started to look closer floors all good trunk good car only needs quarters and extremely correct right down to the carb non messed with car but then discovered to be a two tone car expresso brown roof with champaine lower not many cars produced in this colour let alone two tone car possibly a one of one or two but an ugly duckling can a car like this bring judge money because of rare paint codes not pretty colours but a good solid car with a good story maybe a good resto to part or not to part?

Old 12-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 T/A View Post
I see it at Barrett Jackson and Mecum auctions all the time. Red, blue and black cars get the most money. Probably the same applies to GTO Judges.
over the last 35+ years the one car I have that I have had more people wanting to buy over all the others is my black/red 70 judge.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:15 PM

Rare does not equal desirable! A car that color was rare because no one wanted it that way. I love some of the unusual colors. I have a collection of cars, and I love the light yellow cars like Mayfair Maize and Sierra Yellow. I have a Judge in each color. Some people like them some don’t. I sell some cars in auctions and I have found that you need to stay with mainstream colors to get the best return on your money. I have sold some nice cars at auction and the Red, Black, and Blue cars always have done better than the Green cars. Like a guy told me one time”While it’s rare that I crap my pants, it’s not desirable!” Lol!

Old 12-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior