Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 2016 Peach Blossom BOPC Show -Marietta GA

35th Annual Peach Blossom BOPC Show and swap meet, April 29-30, 2016, 8am-4pm

Show and Swap meet on Saturday!

Buick- Olds-Pontiac-Cadillac

Piedmont Baptist Church, 570 Piedmont Road, Marietta GA 30066

www.segtoa.org

jlink@segtoa.org or 404-578-8973 John Link

This has always been a good show to go to. I have been going for many years. Several PY members were there last year. Always good to get out and talk to Pontiac friends and see their cars. Also lots of nice Buicks/Olds/Cadillacs .

*****Note Change of Location for this years show. ******

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.

Last edited by thepontiacman; 01-10-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Still thinking about driving the T/A up this year. How much room for cars is there at the church? Last year we had that big hotel lot jam-packed!

"The best way to show a car is to drive it"
Old 02-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's a pretty big church and the parking lot is adequate so I don't see a issue there. What I am wondering about is trailer and spectator parking. I'm sure they worked out all the logistics. I liked that hotel though. The shade was really nice. The Fbody gathering used to be there and it was over memorial day so the shade came in handy. Looking forward to this event. Hopefully I'll have a car by then.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 02-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was hoping for the hotel. The ones I've been to at other locations just don't have the appeal. I may just go as an observer this time.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
I was hoping for the hotel. The ones I've been to at other locations just don't have the appeal. I may just go as an observer this time.
You don't even want to know what happened when I found out of the move.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 02-16-2016, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, you participating Jerry? I don't want to be negative but I'm imagining all those beautiful cars lined up a foot apart like they were at a Wal-Mart on Black Friday.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've participated in some local shows in big open church parking lots. They always spread the cars out so not a problem, but not nearly as comfortable or visually appealing as the nice shady hotel lot. The Marriott was the best location for a show that I've been to. So disappointed that it has moved.

"The best way to show a car is to drive it"
Old 02-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I looked at the satellite view of the parking lot. There are quite a few spaces but you have to remember that spectators have to park too. Not sure how they are going to do it yet.
I may still bring my car but I'm not sure right now.
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0178.../data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited by Greg Reid; 02-17-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So, you participating Jerry? I don't want to be negative but I'm imagining all those beautiful cars lined up a foot apart like they were at a Wal-Mart on Black Friday.
Right now my car has got to go to the shop for some mechanical repairs. I don't know if it will be repaired by then. I'll leave it at that; I don't want to be negative either.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question

Is this a good event to sell used 1st gen Firebird parts?

1930 Ford Model A Coupe .. (original)
1994 Buick .."TowMaster" ...woody wagon
Old 02-26-2016, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The last few I've been to have lacked in the swap meet part. I kind of wish more people would come out selling parts but I don't know the details behind it. From the people that I talk too they say unless it is a big event it is not worth packing, unloading only to get beat up on prices, loading back up and going home.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 02-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is about right as far as swap meet. There are some local guys who bring out parts. It is a lot of work to load up parts and transport them and unload and then have people want you to give them away.
I used to bring parts to this show and others but the economy has changed things a lot and it is easier to advertise and ship or arrange pick up.
I have transported parts to shows that were already collected for or at least I had a deposit in hand. Anyone looking for parts can email me and if we work out something it can be transported or you can arrange pick up.
I have also bought parts at the show. You don't know what is going to be there as far as parts.
Hope this helps. It's a good show and you meet a lot of nice car people.
thepontiacman@yahoo.com

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I got an email invite from the host club and decided to mention my concerns to him in regard to the locale change. He actually wrote me back the same day and I thought I'd post his response here. Totally understandable in this light...

Quote:
Hi Gregory,

You are right that the Marriott parking lot was a great venue. In our 35 years of putting on the BOP & BOPC their lot was used the majority of the years.

The main reason we had to pull away from the Marriott was the difficulty in working with recent management and the increased cost of using their venue. In recent years the management changed and they no longer wanted our show. The parking lot went from being a way for them to make money on rooms, dinners, guest services, and show lunches -- to the major money making part of their BOPC revenue stream. They began charging our clubs for the use of the lot. It became a major source of our show expense. Then they scheduled hotel renovations during the show and removed parking spaces. They allowed non-show cars to park in the lot that we were renting and refused to have them towed. They kept raising the cost of renting the lot. At the end our Non-Profit, Charity event was paying the lion's share of our show net income to the Marriott. I'm sure you realize that our show profits are doled out to charities over the years when our club is not hosting the show. We host the show every four years and split the profits (and any other income to our club like dues) to various charities over a four year period. When you figure up the amount of club members' effort required to put on the show, plus normal show expenses. it is heartbreaking to have to remit most of the net profit to the hotel and not have a decent return for funding our charities.

Our choice was to:
1. Discontinue the show and disappoint the BOPC group and just reduce our charity funding,
2. Go with the show at the Marriott with only a little more money to send to charities,
3. Have the show at the church for free (we will however be giving them a donation based on our net income)

I'm attaching a GOOGLE picture of the back church parking lot that will be used for the show field, Vendors spaces, & Car corral. there are picnic tables under the trees near where the food vendors will be that aren't shown. There are also additional areas that we will be able to park spectator cars as well.

If you are in the area Friday night before the show, you are invited to our "Meet & Greet" at the Cherokee Cattle Company. Our host club, Southeastern GTO Association is providing snacks & soft drinks. A cash bar and cash dinner are also available at the restaurant where we will be meeting.

Thanks again for your participation.

Hope to see you in April.

Best,
Ed

Old 03-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to see this response. Hopefully there will be a good turn out.

I know first hand about dealing with people and companies when planning a show. Sometimes it works and sometimes you have to make a change.

I wonder if Marriott Corporate was aware of the situation or if it would have made a difference.

One time a sponsor/dealer decided not to move cars off the lot the morning of a show we were having. We had to scramble and make do with small space and motel space next door. We changed locations after that.

A lot of work goes into to putting on a show both before the show and then show day. This show has been around for 35 years and that is because the members of the clubs that rotate each year have done what is needed to continue having the show. If you see a show staff person at the show make sure and tell them you appreciate their hard work in keeping the show going.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I will be there, weather permitting. I got another email from one of the Buick club guys. He told me that he thought there were 500 or so spaces. Also, some shaded picnic tables around the area for folks that might want or need a break from the sun.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I got an email invite from the host club and decided to mention my concerns to him in regard to the locale change. He actually wrote me back the same day and I thought I'd post his response here. Totally understandable in this light...

You have a pm

Old 03-21-2016, 07:07 PM

The spectator parking will be out by the street (Piedmont Road). Food vendors will be parked to the right near the picnic tables that are located in the woods to the right as you drive in. Parts vendors & Car Corral will be to the back. Rest rooms are inside the church proper.
Ed

Old 03-21-2016, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, thanks for chiming in Ed. As I said, weather permitting I plan to be there this year.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Several friends have said they are coming to the show.

Who on PY are planning to come?

Anyone need parts, email me.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Old 04-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll probably make it if the weather holds.