Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Link to Ames from the forums???

I thought there was a direct link if I am looking on the PY Forums, that I could link straight into the AMES website.
Is that right or has that link disappeared??

It would be handy if we could just go straight to the Ames pages rather than opening a new link.

Just wondering

Old 09-12-2022, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Click on 'Links' at the very top of the page, and it brings you to the Ames site. Then, you can navigate the Ames site with the choices along the upper left side of the page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2022, 01:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Call me blind but I sure can't see any "Links". I can see "Quick Links" but clicking on that does NOT take me to the AMES website.

Any more clues please???

Last edited by Heybuck; 09-14-2022 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Way up at the very top of the screen. You can also use the Catalogs or Order Online links right next to it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxperformance.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	598587  

Old 09-14-2022, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, all this is quite interesting.

I use 2 different computers plus my phone to access the forums. I ONLY use the 2015 format on all of them. NONE of them show the top line with the links etc.

I did not even know there is a green format which after changing to it this morning I see the Links line does appear.

All of this begs the question, why are there so many formats?? The 2015 format is easy on the eye, the 2017 format is dreadful (appalling is a better word), I have no idea what the blue format is trying achieve and the green is far too garish. Ridiculous colour.

I'd bet if you had a poll on the preferred format, 2015 would be the winner by a mile.

But now I know if I ever want to go to the links, I can go green. But only for a moment!!!! And I'll probably forget anyway.

Thanks Stuart

Old 09-14-2022, 11:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, you got me there...I've only used the green format ever since I first joined, so I wasn't aware the other formats didn't have that line.

Old 09-15-2022, 07:57 AM
Senior Chief

On the Responsive 2017 forum, there's a large ad towards the top of the page for Ames Performance. Clicking on that ad takes you right to the Ames website.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekheavy View Post
On the Responsive 2017 forum, there's a large ad towards the top of the page for Ames Performance. Clicking on that ad takes you right to the Ames website.
I did notice that this morning while trying out the various formats. When I clicked on the ad, I got an immediate warning that the site is not secure and hackers might be attacking me via the site. Or words to that effect but I'm not going back to see.. Thanks anyway

Old 09-15-2022, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Well, you got me there...I've only used the green format ever since I first joined, so I wasn't aware the other formats didn't have that line.
I'd lay down good money saying that the top line which is showing the links USED to be there on the 2015 format. Seeing as how that's the only format I've used since maybe 2015 or whenever it was that the whole forum layout was set up, then it must have been there in the past. Now gone.

Old 09-15-2022, 10:56 AM
Senior Chief

Heybuck, I got the same warning when I clicked the as banner. When you get the warning, click on "show details". It might state "the sites certificate has expired" or something like that. Just click allow access to site. It'll update you computers certificate. Worked for me and haven't had any issues.