THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Bathurst 1000 running now

If any of you guys can get this race which is running right now, it’s worth watching. Had incredibly heavy rain up there, the track is wet everywhere and the cars are going everywhere. Several massive crashes in the first 5 laps. Only 156 laps to go.

Old 10-08-2022, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like there are some questionable streaming services showing the race live, but it also appears the Supercars YouTube channel may be showing a delayed broadcast.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2022, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn, that would have been fun to watch. I'll never forget the 2003/2004 race when the two Monaro's fought it out for the win. Great racing.

Old 10-09-2022, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Supercars posted a highlights video of the race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69f2PeuVZn8

Old 10-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Bathurst Memories

Its 50 years since I went to watch the race up in Bathurst. Lots of memories and a LOT of fun with a group of mates a couple of whom have sadly since passed.

Its the only car race I watch these days. 1000 kilometres (621 miles) in length. These cars are pulling 300 kilometres per hour down Conrod straight. The Bathurst track is actually a regular road servicing homes and farms but closes for race events.

Last time I was there was about 8 years ago, wife was with me, no races it was just a regular road but the temptation to sink the foot at the top of Conrod straight was HUGE. I resisted and thankfully so cause the cops had several speed cameras set up just waiting to pounce