Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Antique Fishing Lures?

I'm hoping someone here may have some info regarding antique/vintage fishing lures.

I was at a garage sale recently and snagged a couple vintage fishing lures. I know some of these can be pretty valuable so I thought I'd take a gamble. I'm not much of a fisherman. But, I am always on the lookout for something I think I could make money on.

I could not find any identifying marks on either of these. Can anybody give me any info on these or suggest a value?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vintage Lure 1 1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	593837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vintage Lure 1 2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	593838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vintage Lure 2 1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	593839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vintage Lure 2 2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	593840  

Old 07-06-2022, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

3 and 4 Creek Chub I think,search ebay

Old 07-06-2022, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't tell you the names, TOO many years, but I DID fish with them ALL.
Seems that the third one was call a River Rat?

Thanks for the memories.

Charles

Edit: tom s may have trumped me......

The Following User Says Thank You to Old Goat 67 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2022, 10:08 PM
Senior Chief

Didn't realize these were worth anything. I have a tackle box from the 70's with a bunch of these old lures. Is there some type of price guide for their value?

Old 07-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekheavy View Post
Didn't realize these were worth anything. I have a tackle box from the 70's with a bunch of these old lures. Is there some type of price guide for their value?
I'm supposed to be getting the opportunity to buy a whole box of '60s and older lures. Possibly also a 1950s outboard motor and a high end rod and reel from the '70s that has never been used.

Old 07-19-2022, 01:48 PM

I have 2500 + old lures. Most aren't worth more than a buck or 2. The ones pictured fall into that category. I do have a few that are worth considerably more.
Avid collectors want pristine, never seen the water condition lures. I like the ones that have been used and chewed on by fish, especially the ones from my Dad and Grandpa.
If you are interested in collecting for $$, there are several guides available on Amazon.
I wouldn't pay more than a few bucks for any old lure unless it was pristine and came with the original box.
You can look through Ebay auctions as well, there are a few serious collectors that have hundreds for sale/auction at any given time.
The last large collection I bought had over 500 lures, three metal tackle boxes and a few old reels. Paid $500. Several lures from the 50's and 60's were un-used and in original boxes.

Old 10-12-2022, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its hit or miss on lures. The most money is really at advertising lures from the 50's +/- but the nos ones in the box bring top coin. I have a few along with a packed Alligator skinned tackle box. Cant tell you if I have 1000 or 3000 since I never counted them. Reels and Poles are another great hobby too if you a complete angler like me. Still like using the old stuff since nothing like it.
As my old uncle Charlie would say just pack a case of Olympia Beer and a Box of Vanilla Wafers and your good to fish all day.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I never could figure out for certain what I had so I just picked a number and put them on eBay. If they sell, great. If not, it didn't cost me anything extra to list them.