THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-04-2022, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Campin' long term via portable

Maybe a usefull post. campers will relate.

Our couples camper is a 2021 winniebago model 2108DS.

grey tank 25 gal, black tank 25 gal.

portable/towable to dump station camco tank is 36 gal. (no chance of an overfill during the transfer) campers know the black tank doesn't get filled.

the problem is where to haul the large portable waste tanks. I hauled mine in the truck bed but it takes up a large amount of valuable bed space.

love the retired time I have, finally addressed that and purchased the way to flimsy camco kit that comes with just 2 " L arms " and bumper clamps. (hate calling it a "bumper" there not bumpers, there just squared storage for waste tubes. can't believe what folks mount on em'. mine had the spare mounted there from the factory. (bumpers rated at 150lbs)

anyway I modified the camco kit and welded square tube braces between the arms and a couple gussets for good measure. also tack welded the clamps to the bumper. its rock solid mounted back there now and less weight than the spare tire was.

I also got the under mount spare tire re-locate kit from BAL because our camper has a recessed cavity area for the tire to fit up into. I would not use this if your camper does not have a recessed area. its a cable set up like trucks have. slides to adjust to frame size. I had to install it with the raise/lower mechanism on the drivers side due to my gas line was in the way on the passenger side. my luck is always a flat happens on the drivers side anyway lol. but I have a good sam membership so if i'm stranded in a questionable spot, one phone call and they will change it.

recognize the decal below the Winniebago? pontiac fanatic is understatement.

dunno why sideways pics again? no rotate option.

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nicely done!

I know what you're saying about overloaded "bumpers". I have seen some really heavy-looking boats, dirt-bikes, and cargo boxes hanging off them.

The spare tire relocate is slick! I don't have that option on ours unfortunately.

One blessing we have is a dump station 5 minutes from home. If we are away more than 3 nights, we'll stay in an RV park that lets us dump. We are good on water and waste for 3 nights so haven't needed the caddy but you are definitely set.

When are you splicing the Formula hood onto that Winnebago?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220812_134449.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	597832   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220813_104749.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	597833  

Old 09-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

darn, folks keep fixin my side pics. thank you. Im not real good with computers just know I didnt have the rotate icon. nvr had or will a facebook thing, no twitter etc, dont even know how.

everywhere we go has nearby dump stations so far. we to are good for 3 days, only time we used the portable was at yellowstone last year, we stayed a week.

pic on the front decal of the minnie winnie

Old 09-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 09-05-2022, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you have anything keeping someone from walking of with it?

Old 09-05-2022, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Stealin poop tank, gotta b desperate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatracer1 View Post
Do you have anything keeping someone from walking of with it?
I assume you mean the tank, nah, suppose I could lock it easily but sheesh if someone wants to steal a poop tank maybe there pretty desperate. none the less i do have some work in it proly should lock it.

but the thief's looking to steal will have choppers to cut the chain or cable. saw how easily and quickly the hydraulic choppers cut thru solid bar steel to. seems u can only deter em not stop em. folks say portable motion lights are about the best thing.

the rack is tack welded to the storage "bumper" its not going anywhere.

I also put steel centered wheels with solid rubber tires before ever even using it. drilled the axle for washers and cotter pins to.

whats always getting stolen r folks electric bikes. we just got ours, going to get a topper for the truck and lock em in there when we go. we love the bikes, step thru model for easy on/off for us older folks. can pedal normal, use pedal assist, or throttle only. i'm on em for pure fun and use a lot of throttle.

Old 09-05-2022, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink An alternative idea.

So many years ago, a engineer mate of mine had a mobile home. A Bedford chassis with a purpose built mobile home built on it. It was powered by a Holden 5 litre engine. I had a very similar camper myself.

From memory, all the grey and the black water went into a single tank. You put some sort of blue stuff in the tank which broke everything down to an absolute liquid.

My mate fitted a small pump which then injected the "waste" water directly into the exhaust just below the exhaust manifold so that when he was travelling the highway and the exhaust was super hot, this stuff just just atomised and came out the tailpipe as steam. I saw this in action a few times and it seemed to work exceptionally well although I always wondered about the legality of it?

Lets just say that on the occasions we went on holiday with them, I made sure we always travelled in front of them

Ian

Old 09-06-2022, 06:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not sure if burned up poop exiting a vehicles tail pipe is on the EPA's list or not?

I don't think however that concept would go over to wel..l......blowing burned chit all over the vehicles behind you that is!......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),