Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Help With Approximating Car's Value?

I have a '76 Trans Am that I go back and forth about selling. I've looked at the NADA guides, cars listed on classifieds, e-Bay etc. to try and get a sense of value. The numbers seem high to me. If I list the car I want the price to be reasonable. I'm not an aggressive top-dollar hunter and I'm not in a position where I have to sell it quickly and for peanuts.

Is this a section of this forum where I could post some pics and details and get some advice from Pontiac people? Is that cool to do?

Thanks for your time.

Here is one picture for now.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would do a good clean up and remove the bumper stickers
start high,you can always go down to appease the tire kickers,but cant easily go up.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:34 PM

I was offered $28,000 for my '75 455 4 speed couple years ago. Didn't want to sell it then and now he's going thru a divorce so he doesn't have the money now.
Also those snowflake wheels are for a '77 and newer car. '76 should have rally 2's or honeycomb wheels on it.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Havent seen you here in a while Bull.

I couldn't put a number on it because I feel as though numbers for second gen cars are all over the board. They've become more popular over the last few years thus bringing more money.

Maybe its me and I need more education, but do your homework. I think its really hard for anyone to put a number on the car from what you posted Bull.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dave, you could always just sell it to that guy down in CT that seems to pick up all of your Pontiac cast offs.

Did you ever end up getting a wagon?

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For the record, the one picture I posted is not what I expected anyone to base their entire judgement on. I just said I was posting it "for now" while waiting to see the answer to my questions i.e. is this a part of the site where I can ask for this kind of help?

Hi Jeremy. Yeah, that guy hasn't bought anything from me for a while because I haven't sold a classic Pontiac in a while!

I never got Scott's wagon. When I had the cash he didn't have a title, and when he got the title my cash had gone elsewhere.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Post it in firebirds and TA For Sale, Good luck Randy.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz68 View Post
Post it in firebirds and TA For Sale, Good luck Randy.
Well I was heading in that direction but was trying to establish a reasonable price ahead of time.

I've lost momentum for exploring this issue (never really had it) so I'll probably just let the car continue to sit in the barn.