Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455
Default EFI intakes Edelbrock vs speedmaster

With Edlebrock EFI intakes on BO, anyone have true data/ experience with the speedmaster offering? Aside from almost 300 bucks less, are there casting imperfections that affect flow or sealing? Ports too small? Looking for the 350-500 hp engine combo range.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Larry, I can’t help you much. I’ve never seen the Edelbrock intake but I did have the Speedmaster here for a while. It seemed kinda crude / ruff on the inside.

I have a Speedmaster single plane carb manifold and it seems pretty well made. It had RAIV sized ports and was a pretty clean casting. So I ordered the injection manifold thinking it was probably the same manifold except with bungs.

That’s not the case. The casting of the injection manifold was much worse to my eye and the ports were standard size and off a bit but not too bad.

I wasn’t thrilled with it. When I found that the fuel rails they list for Pontiacs were wrong, I just sent it all back,
Unfortunately I didn’t take any pics.

Murf

Old 01-15-2022, 01:00 PM
Boost Engineer

Larry, I have a couple of the Edelbrock EFI Dominator Intakes on the shelf.

Send me a PM and maybe I can help you out.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.