Old 11-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1967 Post vs Hardtop...

Question: I've got a chance to buy a very nice power windows/power door lock wiring & regulator setup & door panels/interior pieces from a 1967 4 door Bonneville. My question is will the regulators & door panels interchange with a 1967 4 door Catalina post car? My interchange book doesn't say... I know the trim pieces between the two cars are different and the center post trim is not the same, but if the power regulators are the same & the door panels will go on the car I've got a pretty good deal...

Old 11-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In a word: Yes.

To be sure measure the length and height of the glass with the post car to make sure the Bonneville is the same. If not just use the windows from the post car. The motors will bolt right on, at least that is my experience.

The Bonneville had a 2" longer wheelbase and a longer overal length but that extra was all in the quarter panels. They are the same under the trim. Good luck

Old 11-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh definitely, I'm keeping the glass in the post car because I know it's different. Was mostly concerned that the power window regulators of a hardtop were different than the power window regulators of the post, but it sounds like they are the same. And since the door panels are the same too I can spruce up the interior and make it nice again.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '67 Cat windows and panels

Good luck, let us know and see how it comes out.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wouldn't the panels be notched for the posts on the door and front of quarter window?

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 08-18-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
Question: I've got a chance to buy a very nice power windows/power door lock wiring & regulator setup & door panels/interior pieces from a 1967 4 door Bonneville. My question is will the regulators & door panels interchange with a 1967 4 door Catalina post car? My interchange book doesn't say... I know the trim pieces between the two cars are different and the center post trim is not the same, but if the power regulators are the same & the door panels will go on the car I've got a pretty good deal...
Ben did you ever find the answer to your Post/HT power Regulator question? What i know so far is they are different and will not fit. I have also realized that Post Power Regulators are different for 67 and 68 front, rear do swap.

1967 Executive Wagon (Plum Mist), Org. paint, Org 35K miles
1981 Bonneville Brougham Coupe (Black) Moonroof, Org. 11K miles
Old 08-27-2023, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by compsur View Post
Ben did you ever find the answer to your Post/HT power Regulator question?
From what I gathered, some said they would, others said they wouldn't. Looking at the rare pictures I saw, they *looked* the same for the rears but the fronts were different because of the glass shape differences - does that mean they wouldn't work at all or would just require transferring door innards? I don't know. I ultimately did not buy the parts because I didn't want to drop $600 on something I couldn't use. And now I have a '68 post that already has power windows so I didn't need them.

Old 08-27-2023, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
From what I gathered, some said they would, others said they wouldn't. Looking at the rare pictures I saw, they *looked* the same for the rears but the fronts were different because of the glass shape differences - does that mean they wouldn't work at all or would just require transferring door innards? I don't know. I ultimately did not buy the parts because I didn't want to drop $600 on something I couldn't use. And now I have a '68 post that already has power windows so I didn't need them.
On the fronts they don't I'm certain. Tried fitting 67 and 68 4dr HT regs but the regs back plates are different. For 68, the regs from a Post/Wagon were modified with different scissors and the bottom adjustable sliders were positioned different due to the scissor change. Had to hunt down some 67 post/wagon regs and they fit to a tee. I now have a few 68 parts I need to get rid of!!

1967 Executive Wagon (Plum Mist), Org. paint, Org 35K miles
1981 Bonneville Brougham Coupe (Black) Moonroof, Org. 11K miles