Old 07-01-2022, 12:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Low residue PSA paper

I use 3M red and some cheap tan stuff, it already tore the top 2 layers of my memory foam sanding pad off and I’m sick of cleaning giant glue globs off the base of my longboard. (I’m restoring a car not a sanding board)

Any suggestions? I’m up to sanding mostly with 320/400 and tired of this!

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We foot:
I use 3M red in all grits. If you’re using Durablock sanding blocks there is no reason to clean the residue off the Durablock each time u change paper. At least I don’t clean my blocks that often and I see no downside.
I use a vinyl faced inter pad on my d/a sanders and changing paper does no harm when I remove it slowly. PS: interpads don’t last forever!
Just my $.02

Old 07-10-2022, 01:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I use DuraGold with my Durablocks ... works great far as I can tell, no residue for sure and seems to last a long time, and doesn't clog much.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Duragold. The red is gahbage imho….

Don

Old 07-10-2022, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My sander is one of those adjustable flexible sanders with a metal base. I think the thing has been used enough to where the surface isn’t perfectly smooth anymore and holds the glue better. My newer one doesn’t have quite the issues.

I had some 3M gold stashed and used it to sand fresh high build and found it to be vastly superior to the red. I have used duragold in the past with good results but don’t have any on hand.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.