Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-29-2022, 01:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Shoutout to Shaker455 and his black magic

Gotta say thanks to Jeff for getting my new Holley Gen3 Ultra 1050XP Dominator finally working the way it should. Just when I thought I knew enough, Holley went and redesigned the circuitry. Frustrating.

The flat spots in acceleration/hesitations are now all ironed out. And if that wasn't good enough, I'm actually more knowledgeable today than I was yesterday because he explained to me why - with pictures even! (whether I retain that data is a different story)

I'm lucky hes in my backyard one state up. Quick turnarounds and true to his word, he gets things done. That's what I dig about this board. True enthusiasts helping each other out. Thanks PY and thanks Jeff.

@shaker455 - If you interested in free pizza, come to Epping for my track rental in October. We'll read plugs together and debate the merits of fuel injection. It'll be fun.

Mods, wasn't sure where to put this - since its a race carb on my race car, I thought it best here.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 73LeMans For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff has helped me a ton. Super nice guy, very knowledgeable, and always willing to help. He's done a few carbs for me, and they've been great. He's even come over and helped dial everything in. Even had him rebuild an HEI unit that came out awesome!

NED in October is sweet. Engines love that cool fall air!

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 07-29-2022, 11:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
NED in October is sweet. Engines love that cool fall air!
Come on up man! Id love to see any of your signature cars burning up the strip!

Old 07-29-2022, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff`s a good dude. Didn`t know he was into black magic these days.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73LeMans View Post
Come on up man! Id love to see any of your signature cars burning up the strip!
Man I'd love to, but I dont want to intrude.

If you really dont mind, PM me the details. I don't mind chipping in on the rental cost.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 07-29-2022, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff is doing a Quadrajet for me right now. He is very forward with his knowledge.

Old 08-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73LeMans View Post
Gotta say thanks to Jeff for getting my new Holley Gen3 Ultra 1050XP Dominator finally working the way it should. Just when I thought I knew enough, Holley went and redesigned the circuitry. Frustrating.

The flat spots in acceleration/hesitations are now all ironed out. And if that wasn't good enough, I'm actually more knowledgeable today than I was yesterday because he explained to me why - with pictures even! (whether I retain that data is a different story)

I'm lucky hes in my backyard one state up. Quick turnarounds and true to his word, he gets things done. That's what I dig about this board. True enthusiasts helping each other out. Thanks PY and thanks Jeff.

@shaker455 - If you interested in free pizza, come to Epping for my track rental in October. We'll read plugs together and debate the merits of fuel injection. It'll be fun.

Mods, wasn't sure where to put this - since its a race carb on my race car, I thought it best here.
Thanks guy!
Pizza sounds great!
No Black Arts!