Old 08-10-2022, 10:29 PM
Senior Chief

Default Remote Trunk Release Wiring

I'm wiring up the interior of my 1977 Trans Am. It has the remote trunk release in the glove box. It looks like the dash light circuit is what provides power that goes to the switch, then a second wire goes from the switch to the trunk release actuator.

Where is that wire supposed to run? Is it part of the rear harness that runs along the left side of the car? Or should it be a lone wire that runs along the right side of the car all on its own? That second option seems weird to me, yet it would be the shortest path.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

my recollection is that the rear lamps harness runs down the left/drivers side, while the rear trunk release wire runs down the right/passenger side.

If you have access to an assembly manual, my gut say's it's shown in there.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 05:01 AM
Suspended

Not sure what the manuals show, or how factory did it, but the accessory add-on version of the power-trunk shows the diagrams as still running down D-side and has instructions to simply combine into existing conduit. Dealers may have done their own thing.

You can see some diagrams in this ad, clearer than the version I'd previously saved and looked at.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Az-autopa...SCF2190-X2.jpg

The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor78 For This Useful Post: