Old 09-17-2022, 04:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I haven't posted much, never have really. But I haven't posted and updates on my build personally because I haven't had any luck getting to the track and being successful. I went back to the track recently but had no luck getting the car to hook. Pretty disappointing. To be honest. The motor dyno'd good but I haven't been able to make it usable power ..lol .

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott Stoneburg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2022, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
I haven't posted much, never have really. But I haven't posted and updates on my build personally because I haven't had any luck getting to the track and being successful. I went back to the track recently but had no luck getting the car to hook. Pretty disappointing. To be honest. The motor dyno'd good but I haven't been able to make it usable power ..lol .
If it was easy everyone would be doing it. I'm sure you'll get there.

Old 09-17-2022, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott where are you located?

Many times it helps to have someone watching your pass to 'critique' it.
Lot of times its not noticed by the lay person. Some one with some experience there may help you.

And if they are Pontiac people all the better.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
The Following User Says Thank You to johnta1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2022, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Scott where are you located?

Many times it helps to have someone watching your pass to 'critique' it.
Lot of times its not noticed by the lay person. Some one with some experience there may help you.

And if they are Pontiac people all the better.

I'm in Largo FL. I have a very close 1/8 track (ShowTime Dragstrip. ) but the track prep is an issue. Bradenton Motorsport is close enough( about an hour drive) usually my Brother goes to the track with me. But all 3 times I've been with the new motor he couldn't make it. The only decent pass it's made was 3 mph faster than the best ever with my old motor. So I have hope for this one once I get the suspension doing the right thing.

Old 09-17-2022, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool!
Didn't know there was a strip at Clearwater.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 09-18-2022, 03:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
If the shoe fits! There is a difference between arguing and debating. Free speech is great if it's truth. Individuals come on here mucking up threads with fairy tales boasting about how much they know and then start threads for advice on the simplest of tasks. Nothing wrong with not knowing, but I can't understand how a self proclaimed expert can't accomplish the most basic of tasks.

How is the new pump gas build progressing?
Sanctimonious much ? Just about every single time you and I got into it it went like this. I made some post, nothing to do with you. Then you take it upon yourself to come at me. Maybe you have a Sheriff complex or something.
But when you do that you make something that was not personal, personal .

So I have a choice. Stick up for myself, come back at you. And that escalates.
Or meekly put my tail between my legs, that is not in my DNA.
There is simply no good choice for me.
Then I would find people I do not know trying to get a hold of me through PMs or other means, made some friends. Told me it was BS, they can see what is going on and then let me know that actions like yours are why they seldom post. They do not like it and do not want it to happen to them.
Thus, PY and Pontiac boards suffer. I want them to succeed as a hate snoopbook with a passion.
You are anything but blameless and as much a part of the problem as any other person still here.
Now, just because you say I think of myself some way actually does not mean I do. It just means you have it stuck in your craw I do. Maybe I am messing with you because you mess with me. Its not that big a deal.
Sometimes I think out loud. This should be the place to think out loud about our hobby.
Many times I ask a question, start a thread when I pretty much know the answer
. Might be double checking something just to be sure.Maybe it was a long time since I did it. Sometimes I want to know a different way to get something done if possible. Different solution to a problem. Alternative way of looking at it.
You know, learn something or someone else learn something.
The highest IQ people I know all say "there are no dumb questions".

You know what is going on with my pump gas engine. Its in the street section.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2022, 04:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
\
\
Were having the same issue. Can't seem to get the car to hook since we put 4.11 rear gear in the car. I still may go back to the 3.73 gear. We are headed to the track next Friday. Will see how it goes. We have some 29" tires to try. Also, same here with track prep. Somebody has said that the VHT was in short supply so track prep is suffering. It's a real P/O to spend a bunch of coin to go run the car and the track is not up to standards. Might as well stay home.

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to post...

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 09-18-2022, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Said before that im not a racer. No dog in any fight. Yet more of a participant than a spectator. Really enjoy keeping up with the techniques.

So, i lack understanding why some racers have venomous smack talk, that goes beyond the fun stuff. Yellow bullet provides a clue that it is not (limited to) the Pontiac brand, engine, nor enthusiasts.

Sold 2003: 12.00/112MPH/1.61 60'/26"x3.31:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Q-Jet-Torker/3650Lbs//18MPG 94oct
Sold 1994: 11.00/123MPH/1.50 60'/29.5"x4.10:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Dual600s-Wenzler/3250Lbs//94oct
Old 09-18-2022, 08:59 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Sanctimonious much ? Just about every single time you and I got into it it went like this. I made some post, nothing to do with you. Then you take it upon yourself to come at me. Maybe you have a Sheriff complex or something.
But when you do that you make something that was not personal, personal .

Or meekly put my tail between my legs, that is not in my DNA.
There is simply no good choice for me.
Then I would find people I do not know trying to get a hold of me through PMs or other means, made some friends. Told me it was BS, they can see what is going on and then let me know that actions like yours are why they seldom post. They do not like it and do not want it to happen to them.
Thus, PY and Pontiac boards suffer. I want them to succeed as a hate snoopbook with a passion.
You are anything but blameless and as much a part of the problem as any other person still here.
Now, just because you say I think of myself some way actually does not mean I do. It just means you have it stuck in your craw I do. Maybe I am messing with you because you mess with me. Its not that big a deal.
Sometimes I think out loud. This should be the place to think out loud about our hobby.
Many times I ask a question, start a thread when I pretty much know the answer
. Might be double checking something just to be sure.Maybe it was a long time since I did it. Sometimes I want to know a different way to get something done if possible. Different solution to a problem. Alternative way of looking at it.
You know, learn something or someone else learn something.
The highest IQ people I know all say "there are no dumb questions".

You know what is going on with my pump gas engine. Its in the street section.
That about sums it up over the last few years, in my opinion.

Mike and Eric set the bar for Pontiac Performance with the funny car.

Cooper has set the standard for the Frantic 4 for several years.

Travis and Rodney have "left the building" and are doing their new things.
(Travis is a Rocket Man in Huntsville, Alabama.

Chris C walked away, Steve Ames passed away, The East Coast Mafia basically said Screw the Midwest and are doing their own thing or have sold their cars/ passed on.

So what is left? In my opinion the "stirring the chit" people in the Race Forum. Never could understand the 'Attack Dog' behavior by some.
Almost a "B Flooper" want-a be.

The East Coast Mafia worked as a Team. The NSS Guys worked as a team.
Seems like when Flooper was there he was attacking people (mostly the Butlers to drum up business.
Same deal with the Engine Builders and some Parts Vendors. So now we are down to the Engine builder
"Expert" vs the Bracket Racer on the west coast.

Same behaviors, different guys.

So Why don't we drop the attack dog behavior and get back to enjoying our Pontiac vehicles.

JMO

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2022, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have to say when I went to Norwalk each year, I really enjoyed seeing the fastest cars, well before I began working on one. Marty was an inspiration, when he was in a class by himself. Then there was Arnie Beswick taking on all competition, from modern pro-stock of the day to pro-mods. Then there was the yearly challenge of Butler's door cars vs the Kauffmans dragster. A few "outlaw" cars and independent entries from far away, like Steve Dale, the Dirty Bird, John Welter and others. Mike Cooper has always been a consistent top performer and he is the class of the fast door cars now for sure. Would like to see more cutting edge cars get back to the track. It does take tremendous time, energy, commitment, and some $$$. At the level I describe above, you are doing this strictly for the passion of speed and Pontiac. There is zero financial reward. How do you make a million dollars drag racing ? Start with 3 million dollars! We all know that.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:40 AM
Boost Engineer

Thank You Mike and Eric for your efforts and the 250 mph record.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-18-2022, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike Cooper has been at it a long time. When I first met him was back in 1996. He was racing a red 67 GTO. He showed up at Cordova for the POCI convention race and had no engine in his car. Butler brought him a new assembled shortblock and he and his crew assembled the engine in the pit area (which was some form of sand and cinder at the time) installed it and made a pass at the end of the day. That work ethic and determination has carried on over the years and has paid off with him having one of the best Pontiac race cars on the planet.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

All of us who argue here for whatever reason have to own it and move on.
Quote:

You are not the victim here. Stop posting false information, stop making chit up, stop posting fifth hand information as if it's your own personal experience, when you make an erroneous post and you are corrected "own it" and stop coming on here to argue (your words) and you will be doing your part for making the PY race section great again.

Good luck with the pump gas engine. I hope you don't miss another season of racing. Life is short we are blessed with only so many of them.

Old 09-18-2022, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For me it was the Inability to get the "good" parts . Stuff being promoted, and promised and never materializing, or the Manufacturer wanting the end user to do the R&D on their own dime. I wanted to race , not sit and wait for parts.

Old 09-18-2022, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Too many with thin skin ran off most of the racers that here. Sadly the race section has no racers left now.
If you don't like what someone does or says instead of ignoring it (like adults use to do) now you just complain and whine until that person is kicked off or canceled or fired.
This

1971 Trans Am Lucy Blue, 11.56 @ 115
1966 LeMans. 462, SD prepped Kaufman D ports. 11.90 @ 112
1976 Trans Am twin turbo 462, SD Edelbrock heads 8.50@159
2009 G8 GT
Old 09-18-2022, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
You are not the victim here. Stop posting false information, stop making chit up, stop posting fifth hand information as if it's your own personal experience, when you make an erroneous post and you are corrected "own it" and stop coming on here to argue (your words) and you will be doing your part for making the PY race section great again.

Good luck with the pump gas engine. I hope you don't miss another season of racing. Life is short we are blessed with only so many of them.
You can not help yourself, wanna be Sheriff complex I guess. Narcissistic personality disorder or something.
You took it upon yourself to bring me up here (your MO) when the real reasons, people are moving on, getting old, VERY expensive, tracks closing and life's are changing.
I think mods cracking down did not help.
I remember some great times here with people going at it, others taking sides. Bruce calling me out on CV-1s. Leech vs Langer. ECM cracking hard on each other. They did me too and I got mad. But maybe I should not have seeing how hard they were on each other.
I do not think you are the guy to correct me, accuse me of spreading false info, making chit up. You have told me about my blown engine many times. Its on the garage floor all together less a pair of rockers. Never spun a bearing in my life much less blown a head gasket.
I even told you I was sorry things went bad between you and I. Did not want to argue any more but you brought me up here ? WHY ?
You know I got kicked off of PZ for telling the truth about that dyno slip ? Basically sticking up for you, slowbird and myself. Got tired of him crowing about it when what he did was wrong, never apologized. Still have not went back even though I was sent log in info.
Tiered of trying to figure out if was being told the truth or being brought into discussions from fakes accounts over there about things I am doing or my posts over here !
So I tell you I am sorry it all happened, get kicked off a site and maybe lose a friend and you still want to bring me up and accuse. I gave something up , apologized even though you always come at me first. But you still want to fling chit ?
You know, you did say something about our fighting effecting business. If it did, sorry, but that also means you are better off leaving me alone. We gained nothing. Exchanged numbers and bought and sold parts.
Should have been left there and to agree to disagree .

I am going to bow out now. I know where you stand and you know where I stand.
Leave me alone.
The OP is a cool dude and I want his thread to go on to some discussions that will be more fruitful.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah I have no idea how this area went South. I still learn things or gain a new perspective from those with real world experience. Those in the know don't stop sharing. Those who don't know please get out the way. Experience has taught me more of what not to do than what to do.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:44 PM
Boost Engineer

Suggestion would be to LEAVE THE OTHER GUY ALONE. PERIOD.

There will always be Chit Stirrers out there and and the self promoters for their businesses.

Flopper, C Hill, TT Bill, and others.

But the Race Section should not be just about Drag Race only Pontiac Based Engines.

There are a lot of cool engines out there LS based, Professional based, etc that should be allowed to post.

No one (in the far future) is going to surpass Mike and Eric's 250 mph numbers.

If you want to sell parts as a business on the board, pay the fees and go for it.
But Don't run members down to try to make your business look better.

Just saying.

Tom V.

Old 09-18-2022, 09:15 PM
Senior Chief

I will admit that I spent many years on YellowBullet, so I had minimal skills of navigating on a site where the moderator's feelings controlled so much...I personally cannot stand that part of the internet...

I dont care how eloquently you speak, or how much you sound like a one-tooth redneck...If you have any idea on how to go fast, i'm good with what you are willing to share...

I got enthused about this site when I started buying the parts for my current build, but kinda lost interest when I watched a few threads get locked over easily offended MEN...