Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2022, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default "74 SD-455 Restoration thread

Bought this '74 Blue 4 speed SD-455 thru forum member Matt Mariacher (Telli S.) a couple of years ago when my business was really busy. Spent spare time till this year disassembling and organizing the bagging/tagging to get it ready for metal/paint/etc. by Steve Schappaugh at Muscle Car Memories. I'll be restoring the parts I kept to have them ready for re-assembly after he is done with his part some the next year.
The car is a very honest car in that almost every part about it is correctly dated or numbers matching from engine to rear end to sheet metal and most all of the date ranges on parts that are stamped are correct dated. Steve has it all apart on rotisserie with the engine out for rebuild at a friends business that has done a number of SD builds.
It's well optioned with Admiralty Blue body over deluxe light blue interior, ST-10 4 speed, 3.42 Posi., AM-FM red dot, 8-Track, Rally II's (need one more date coded April to June HM wheel), hood bird, Was lucky to catch the custom license plate below right at the time the previous plate holder let it go back up fr grabs.).
Some pics below from when I bought it to it's current state: