Old 10-13-2021, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Resonance from New Kick Panel Speaker

In my 68 GTO Convertible, I an running a factory AM/FM stereo radio with two new 8-10 ohm speakers in the kick panels. There is a good amount of resonance from the right (passenger) side speaker. I am using the aftermarket kick panels designed to hold speakers. The radio and stereo multiplex were completely rebuilt by a factory radio expert. Radio does have occasional static with the factory power antenna but is overall a good playing unit.

Speaker is not loose but I am not using any insulation behind either kick panel. Should I install some padding/insulation like factory did?

Old 10-13-2021, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Use some padding to keep various parts from moving/vibrating. The only thing moving should be the cone of the speaker.

george