Old 10-28-2021, 12:48 PM

Default Tri-power rebuild

I'm putting a tri-power on a 64 421, who do you guys recommend to rebuild the carbs?
Best, Trent

Old 10-28-2021, 01:20 PM

PY member Dick Boneske.

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dick is great.
Also Mike Wasson is great. 309-360-6385. www.pontiactripower.com

Dick Boneske. 920-450-1040

Old 10-28-2021, 03:04 PM
Senior Chief

Didn't the 64 421 tripower (B-Body) have a single element air cleaner and a low rise manifold ? Just checking memory.

Old 10-28-2021, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

ALL 1964 Pontiac Tripower 389/421 engines uses the #9775088 intake.

http://gtoaa.org/
Old 10-28-2021, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

64s were a one year deal,not the pancake design.Like a 65 with 61-64 water pattern.Tom

Old 10-28-2021, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Didn't the 64 421 tripower (B-Body) have a single element air cleaner and a low rise manifold ? Just checking memory.
DAT was not the original question!

Old 10-28-2021, 05:53 PM

You guys are the best!!!

Old 10-28-2021, 06:25 PM
Boost Engineer

Even though Mike does a nice job, Dick B has repopped the correct 64 Mechanical Linkage for the 64 Tri-Power, (GTO and Big Car) systems (all of the pieces) and it is a fine piece of work.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:00 PM

I sent him a PM...

Old 10-28-2021, 10:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not that Mr. Boneske needs another reference but...I have got parts from him and spoke with him on the phone. He is a class act.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
DAT was not the original question!
You read my mind. I was going to ask that!

Old 11-01-2021, 04:13 AM
Suspended

Any objections to tackling the job yourself. I can send you more info. then you know what to do with. I spent the last 8 years building my 1979 Pontiac Firebird TA and 1966 Tri-Power system along with my roommate. Today, in one day we disassembled them, cleaned them in solution, washed them and assembled them and am waiting for Eastwood to send the Paint products to complete the job. Understand, this I am self-taught and I learned it all on line. The system is simple and I found everything you want to do the job yourself. Let me Know. I have text and photos and see the "Old car Manual project" it has all the Rochester 2bbl 2GC + 2GV info. just to start with.

http://oldcarmanualproject.com/ Go to Site Index first, Carburetor Manuals in e-book (pdf) format, Rochester 2-Jet Carburetor Manual.

updated February 22, 2003, Note: This date on the page, if you don't see this date beware of a copy page made to divert you to another site. In the past I got caught up with Ransom- ware, same page different date. What they did was to make an exact copy of this page but the date was off. I only realized it when it was too late. They tried to extort money from me to release my own photos on my computer. Also, it is a good idea to run the site through your anti-virus to scan it. Good luck, I have more on my computer if you want. I found that going through the Forums helped me. As I said I can save you time if you ask, I will post what I think you need. Mike out. P.S. This is not a job to be afraid of, if I can do it so can you. Also, I just tried the site I am sending you to and it works well, just follow my instructions to the letter. Keep in mind even if you elect to send them out, you should learn about the system, so you can maintain them.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post
Any objections to tackling the job yourself. I can send you more info. then you know what to do with. I spent the last 8 years building my 1979 Pontiac Firebird TA and 1966 Tri-Power system along with my roommate.

Today, in one day we disassembled them, cleaned them in solution, washed them and assembled them and am waiting for Eastwood to send the Paint products to complete the job. Understand, this I am self-taught and I learned it all on line.

The system is simple and I found everything you want to do the job yourself. Let me Know. I have text and photos and see the "Old car Manual project" it has all the Rochester 2bbl 2GC + 2GV info. just to start with.

http://oldcarmanualproject.com/ Go to Site Index first, Carburetor Manuals in e-book (pdf) format, Rochester 2-Jet Carburetor Manual.

updated February 22, 2003, Note: This date on the page, if you don't see this date beware of a copy page made to divert you to another site. In the past I got caught up with Ransom- ware, same page different date. What they did was to make an exact copy of this page but the date was off. I only realized it when it was too late.

They tried to extort money from me to release my own photos on my computer. Also, it is a good idea to run the site through your anti-virus to scan it. Good luck, I have more on my computer if you want. I found that going through the Forums helped me. As I said I can save you time if you ask, I will post what I think you need.

Mike out. P.S. This is not a job to be afraid of, if I can do it so can you. Also, I just tried the site I am sending you to and it works well, just follow my instructions to the letter. Keep in mind even if you elect to send them out, you should learn about the system, so you can maintain them.
"THE OLD CAR MANUAL PROJECT" Has Tri-Power Rochester Carb. rebuild Information for you to read and a lot more to enjoy.
LINK: I FOUND A SAFE WAY TO VIEW THE CARB. FILE HERE!
http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/m...ch1973__2G.htm

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 11-01-2021 at 07:13 PM.