Old 11-11-2021, 04:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Fuel Pump Rebuild Parts

I would like to rebuild my two '64 GTO furl pumps--the rebuildable style. They are working fine, but 30+ years old. The concern is failure due to ethanol when I'm forced to gas up with 10%.

The ones I've seen are nearly the price of a replacement fuel pump.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 11-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hello Dick. Try calling Claude Phillips, 618 842 6130. I haven't needed to talk to him for several years, but if he answers the phone, he can help you. He is retired, probably going on 90..He has been in the fuel pump industry for most of his life. Might also check to see if he has any 4592s or 6550s laying around. He used to have plenty....

"Bill"!

Old 11-11-2021, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Need to contact the guy to get a quote so I have no idea if his prices are reasonable or comparable to NOS pricing. He came up in a Google search so can't vouch for him.

http://www.classicpreservation.com/fuelpumpkits.html

I paid to have mine rebuilt and I'd have to look up to see who did the work. But if you want to D-I-Y, worth a call or email to the linked seller.

Claims compatibility with ethanol fuel.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Maybe helpful or maybe not…Jim Mott wrote an article on rebuilding these fuel pumps - and I believe he listed the parts supplier. The article is several years old though.