Old 03-06-2000, 11:12 AM

Someone had asked me this and I really dont know the answer.Where does the vacuum hose exit the firewall, or is it attached under the dash, on 64 -65 GTO's How far up on the console is the gauge bolted down.Was this up to the dealer.

Old 03-06-2000, 11:12 AM

Someone had asked me this and I really dont know the answer.Where does the vacuum hose exit the firewall, or is it attached under the dash, on 64 -65 GTO's How far up on the console is the gauge bolted down.Was this up to the dealer.

Old 03-06-2000, 09:40 PM

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 07-18-2000).]

Old 03-14-2000, 12:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't be sure that there were never any 64-67 GTOs that came from Pontiac with the vacuum gauge already on the console, but I do have a copy of an original direction sheet for a dealer install kit. Anyone who would like me to EM them a scan; I'll do it.

------------------
Peter Serio
Owner, Precision Pontiac

Old 03-14-2000, 11:26 PM

All the factory literature I have for 1964-1967 Tempest, Lemans and GTO indicates that the vacuum gauge was dealer installed only. As far as location on the console is concerned, there is a square cutout in the plastic base under the chrome top where the wire and vacuum hose should exit, I believe. I have always mounted my vacuum gauges directly above this square cutout. Maybe Pete can share with us where the vacuum hose should enter through the firewall.

Old 04-08-2000, 02:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I might be able to get ahold of a set of directions from an NOS Vacuum gauge install kit from 1966. If anyone wants them give me about a month or two and I'll EM the attachment to anybody that EMs me.

------------------
Peter Serio
Owner, Precision Pontiac

Old 04-08-2000, 02:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

About 15 years I sold an NOS complete Vacuum Gauge accessory kit to a friend of mine, well we are still in contact but he is in the middle of building a new houes right now and all of his parts plus his car are in storage. (66 GTO conv.) I'll have to get him to EM the directions but as I recall the vacuum hoses were in the sheet where it goes and how it attaches to the engine, I remember there even was a place on the OHC6 where it went. Peter