Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Help with gastritis

Pretty sure I have it. Any good advise appreciated.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well after a couple days of no milk-fried food-no beer with supper and anything with caffine I am doing better. Lost a few lbs. also. Gotta be a better reimedy.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Triggers are often caffeine, alcohol, carbonated beverages, and large meals. Some people also have trouble with spicy foods, deep fried foods, and acidic foods (tomato sauce).
Don't eat a big meal before bedtime. Have a modest dinner and the take a walk afterwards.
On an upper GI endoscopy it looks like red irritation at the entrance to your stomach.
You can buy Prilosec (omeprazole) at any drug store. It helps a lot.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Suspended

If you let it go to long you can get what called Barretts esophagus & that is bad as I have that now because I let it go to long before I took any real steps. I had throat surgery about 10 years ago to help this problem & it helps but you have to learn to swallow all over again. Plus it takes a long time for your voice to come back completely & you have to take meds forever. At times I still have problems swallowing certain things & at times it still comes back up. If your having problems GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW. It will only get worse. I before the surgery was eating a bottle of tums & a big bottle of Maalox every week . I now have a 50 % bigger chance of throat cancer because of this . See a doctor before it's to late. I still have to take Nexium every day & will for the rest of my life.