Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cordova NHRA or IHRA???????

Sorry guys I gota ask I saw the track operator is now some head guy with IHRA and that's about all I can find.

I'm asking because just recently they Released the 2014 NHRA LODRS Schedule and on some of them Cordova is on our D-5 Schedule and on some of the schedules I see it is not on there. The buzz I'm hearing is They changed to a IHRA track.

So anyone hear anything about this???Anyone have some inside info??

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 11-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Scott Gardner who owns Eddyville, Cedar Falls and Cordova was recently named president of the IHRA. The belief is that all 3 tracks will be named IHRA tracks soon. Here's more info.

http://www.ihra.com/component/k2/ite...sident-of-ihra

Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are all IHRA now Jason. They were removed from the NHRA race schedule.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Senior Chief

Jason if you want to race the Big Dogs at a NHRA track. You could make the trip to Havana, Rick adam, Hooter. Ernie or myself would love to show you want Div. 3 all about.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We have dealt with track owners directly which is common in the match race business unless you have a booking agent. Scott Gardner, now the president of IHRA couldn't have been a better choice for them. In the time he has owned Cordova, Eddyville and Cedar Falls, all those tracks have seen major improvements, especially Cordova. Scott is a good business man, has been honest and direct in all our dealings with him and he "gets it" as far as the importance of a strong sportsman program, "the show/exhibition cars". and affordability for the fans. As an outside observer, I think he patterns his operations and philosophy much like the Baders at Norwalk. Cordova, by the way was an IHRA track for decades so it's a natural to go back that way. I think anything that gives racers a safe place to race with good programs and not part of NHRA is a good thing. If NHRA feels there is no other game in town, prices will continue to go up, everyone will be treated worse than they are now, if that is possible, and cookie cutter, boring drag racing will be all that's left. I wish Scott Gardner and the IHRA all the best.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2013, 11:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgto View Post
Jason if you want to race the Big Dogs at a NHRA track. You could make the trip to Havana, Rick adam, Hooter. Ernie or myself would love to show you want Div. 3 all about.
I think Jason has just been called out by Badgto and the Midwest Mafia! Lol!

The Following User Says Thank You to Probird For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
OH SNAP!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XSIVPWR For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probird View Post
I think Jason has just been called out by Badgto and the Midwest Mafia! Lol!
The division 3 guys I've came across cannot be a greater bunch of guys! Period! The Shipp family has been a huge help to me when I have raced at the same tracks they have.

You say the d3 big dogs........those guys are reeeeeeal good no argument from me!

But I only know 1 "BIG DOG" and I and every other guy in d-5 knows exactly what a bad ace he is......Cause DAMN Steve can drive! I just thank my lucky stars I wasn't paired up against that guy any this year...........But I would like to see any of the guys Keith mentioned run against Donnie........He IS a D-5 guy that caught fire late in the year and it started by torching my Pontiac But hay I'm happy for him he earned it!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”

2860lbs 10.890@157.08 MPH in Iowa in June’23 ,157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 11-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Keith Keith Keith pick a track and I'll run you 2mro!yeah I don't have a tow vehicle at this second but I bet I could figure that out pretty quick!

I still don't want anything to do with those d3 guys. There really dang good!well Keith would be the ONLY exception.

Keith......I'm thinkin hold 50 be 40 take 30.....I'll even bake those taters FO ya!

How bout we drink a 12 pack of stag in front of Hooter and not share with him after we race????

Last edited by S/st 54; 11-17-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Keith Keith Keith pick a track and I'll run you 2mro!yeah I don't have a tow vehicle at this second but I bet I could figure that out pretty quick!

I still don't want anything to do with those d3 guys. There really dang good!well Keith would be the ONLY exception.

Keith......I'm thinkin hold 50 be 40 take 30.....I'll even bake those taters FO ya!

How bout we drink a 12 pack of stag in front of Hooter and not share with him after we race????
drink stag in front of hooter and not offer him one? are you nuts? lol you will wake the giant and he wont be happy. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to estep455 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by estep455 View Post
drink stag in front of hooter and not offer him one? are you nuts? lol you will wake the giant and he wont be happy. lol
I..........just shot coffee out of my nose.

Danny I figure the rockstar can just deal with it......Keith says we are going to need all those baked taters to finish that stag

Even though I want nothing to do with those d3 guys except Keith....
I still plan on going to Bogaki's door car only big bucks race in Benton next year......I'm not calling anyone out but I am saying that's a awesome race and if you can make it next year GO!it's fun as heck,and they have a no e class for guys like Keith,Rick,&Hooter .......I got my butt handed to me this year at that race but I had such a great time seeing some old friends and meeting new ones that I plan on heading back again.

Last edited by S/st 54; 11-17-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd like to go down to the Door car race but last year it was the weekend right before Norwalk. No way I could do both that close together.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jason - Just pick a spot and drop Donnie next year and you'll be fine

Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronman View Post
Jason - Just pick a spot and drop Donnie next year and you'll be fine
Oh I gota say it's impressive seeing alllll those sparks coming off the lower valance of bobs car......yeah Donnie plants it that hard against me.

The Following User Says Thank You to S/st 54 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Heres a div 3 race for you. http://www.beechbend.com/Initial%20I...roOnly1000.jpg

$10k each day 3 days! I'd guess some big dogs will be lookin for some of that. Anyone here going?

Good excuse to take your wife to Nashville Jason. You are welcome to dinner here on Thursday.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Glad to see Cedar Falls is back to IHRA, some of the NHRA rules are BS.