Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKLusza View Post
So, in for a penny, in for a pound.
That sounds like the last month for me. Engine is running ok, but my brakes were weak, so I started with the master cylinder, then found no good pressure at the cylinders, so full brake job time. In doing so, I saw that one of my front tires needed replacing and that a rear axle was extremely off center and needed replacement. Ordered a new set of "this fits your vehicle" axles, bearings, spacers, seals, studs, and nuts, along with two new tires.
When I got the new axles, they were 2.5" short of what actually fits my vehicle.

Ended up having to return everything, get custom axles made and shipped. Finally got them, installed everything, and found that the new master cylinder was bad. $1,200 and a month later(rather than a quick MC change,) she is back on the road and happy other than her advance curve.

Like I said earlier, I've set up a few profiles and really look forward to trying them out. Some are based on the generic "Pontiacs like 30-36 total" and some are based on stock mechanical and vacuum points.

Along the lines of what David said, it would be nice if you could get it to learn, but that would take a lot more than one wire (I have the HEI version). One thing they could do and I will definitely recommend is that they should let you record the run session. That way, you can at least see exactly where the vacuum, RPM, and timing was when you felt something you want to change if you can time sync it. Or better yet, give it an option to record audio as it records your stats.

Then again, when my 400 is roaring, my wireless headset can't hear me yell.