Old 04-08-2021, 12:28 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysersuzuki View Post
69 was hit and miss for a vin stamp from the factory,with no vin stamp and in correct date range,who could argue that it wasnt original,i also have a ww block with no vin as well as a ram!!! block with no vin that is in correct date range for my judge
Hey Ron,
Any 1969 block without a VIN stamp is suspect. Federal law even back then required a VIN to be stamped on the engine block. My WW and WS blocks had VIN stamps. In this day of fakes and restamps, a missing VIN is a real red flag. In my retired profession, I dealt in this field and have seen professional car thieves and how they operate in as far as equipment to make new titles, VIN plates and even altering hidden VIN numbers. Now this is not to say that mistakes by the factory are not made. It happens, but not as common and many say it is with one digit off, etc. The WW block has been described as the holly grail of the Pontiac engine line and is the most faked. If someone comes across a WW block in a car without a VIN and gets a BS story about this and that, I would run as fast as I can. Fakes are part of any hobby and the more valuable the car, the more likely it could be faked.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have owned this block for almost 30 years and was gotten from a high school kid,dont think it was ever tampered with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Air IV Jack View Post
Hey Ron,
Any 1969 block without a VIN stamp is suspect. Federal law even back then required a VIN to be stamped on the engine block. My WW and WS blocks had VIN stamps. In this day of fakes and restamps, a missing VIN is a real red flag. In my retired profession, I dealt in this field and have seen professional car thieves and how they operate in as far as equipment to make new titles, VIN plates and even altering hidden VIN numbers. Now this is not to say that mistakes by the factory are not made. It happens, but not as common and many say it is with one digit off, etc. The WW block has been described as the holly grail of the Pontiac engine line and is the most faked. If someone comes across a WW block in a car without a VIN and gets a BS story about this and that, I would run as fast as I can. Fakes are part of any hobby and the more valuable the car, the more likely it could be faked.

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com