Old 04-18-2022, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Lmao... I see what you did there. I'm literally crying..����������.
I bet that guy never pointed to anything over 416ci. Bet he never saw the need too...
I knew u were fishing. Lol
As far as real world, how about 376ci with a blower making 687hp at the wheels and getting 21 mpg on the highway. Pontiac much?
Figured u were fishing. Lol
https://fb.watch/c5G6BIk07K/

This pump gas Pontiac will hold its own against a lot of LS cars. It made 659 RWHP using 93 octane. It got 14 mpg and I'm sure it'd do better with over drive and a well tuned Q-jet. It also ran well into the nines in street trim.

What kind of times did the LS example you gave turn?

Old 04-18-2022, 11:53 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieT/A View Post
For 13K you buy an 620HP LSX454 long block from GM. Just saying...
Then what the problem? U can get what you want out of n/a power... go get it then

Old 04-18-2022, 11:55 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
https://fb.watch/c5G6BIk07K/

This pump gas Pontiac will hold its own against a lot of LS cars. It made 659 RWHP using 93 octane. It got 14 mpg and I'm sure it'd do better with over drive and a well tuned Q-jet. It also ran well into the nines in street trim.

What kind of times did the LS example you gave turn?
I'm sure it will... maybe I'm bias.. I had a 376ci (supercharged) that walked hellcats... maybe that's my ignorance...

Old 04-18-2022, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Then what the problem? U can get what you want out of n/a power... go get it then
Quote:
Hi Paul,
I have been looking into the feasibility of the LSX454 for some time now. Not many people use them but I can't find a reason why. It seems most people use smaller displacement with power adders, mostly turbo. Granted these people are realizing ridiculous HP with turbos on smaller displacement and stock bottom ends.

I'm looking to use large displacement in order to avoid power adders. Info is seems to be limited.
This...

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 04-18-2022, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm sure it will... maybe I'm bias.. I had a 376ci (supercharged) that walked hellcats... maybe that's my ignorance...
No you are right in this example but "supercharged".

There are people getting a 1000hp boosted out of what I would call regular LS engines.

We know there are people running 10's and better out of stock bottom end LS's but when they blow they just get another jy bottom end and go back to the track. But that's not me is all.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 04-18-2022, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I propose that the moderator move this to another forum. This is a backhanded attempt to prove Pontiacs are better than LS. As already stated, fishing post.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
I propose that the moderator move this to another forum. This is a backhanded attempt to prove Pontiacs are better than LS. As already stated, fishing post.
Way to be a wet blanket on this post..

Old 04-18-2022, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Do you have any info on 500 plus CID LS builds?

Where would you suggest a thread like that be posted?

Old 04-18-2022, 12:21 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Why don't you go surf another post.. how about that..this isn't a touchy Feely liberal forum.. wtf

Old 04-18-2022, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What kind of times did that Caddy run?

I've seen Hellcats run low elevens and faster. Not sure if out running a stock Hellcat with a built to chit LS would be impressive or not

Old 04-18-2022, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My point is that he doesn't really give a **** about 500 cubic inch LS engines. He wants to prove that Pontiacs are better (Like always). But I will take the suggestion and stay away. Have fun.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

I've seen Hellcats run low elevens and faster. Not sure if out running a stock Hellcat with a built to chit LS would be impressive or not
Paul,
Even Butler is doing LS's now get with the program...

And LS's do not need to be built to chit to beat a Hellcat!

Old 04-18-2022, 12:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:

Never tracked it.. dynoed ay 687whp... all I know is from a 60mph roll, I smoked a hellcat charger.
At 60mph, it lit up the tires...
Once I grabbed traction, I walked 5 cars on him... hard to swallow for ya but that's what happened. Never lost a race with the car..
I just sold it 2 weeks ago with the intent to be responsible... ( been 190mph in the car) ...
Now I'm looking at a several C6 ZO6 cars... 1000lbs lighter.. found several making 1000hp at the wheels... Pontiac much?

Old 04-18-2022, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Do you have any info on 500 plus CID LS builds?

Where would you suggest a thread like that be posted?
Maybe post it in the Race Section. Title it, "Help Paul prove that Pontiac engines are better than LS". Maybe you could just keep posting LS engines are easy to beat like you did in another of your LS bashing posts.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Paul,
Even Butler is doing LS's now get with the program...

And LS's do not need to be built to chit to beat a Hellcat!
No they dont...my little 376 I did it with a cam and bolt ons..

Old 04-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After 650-700HP on the street is traction game....Anything in that arena lights the tires at 70mph. You need a prepped track after that.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:37 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Maybe post it in the Race Section. Title it, "Help Paul prove that Pontiac engines are better than LS". Maybe you could just keep posting LS engines are easy to beat like you did in another of your LS bashing posts.
Damn man... let it go... this is the perfect place.. Paul has great points when it comes to Pontiacs and ls..he builds both on a high level!

Old 04-18-2022, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Obviously then you have nothing worthwhile to add to this thread so concentrate on the threads you can contribute to or have interest in learning from. That's what these Websites are for.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Paul has great points when it comes to Pontiacs and ls..he builds both on a high level!
I've been on here a long time and I know Paul's experience with Poncho's BUT if he is building LS's too then he's just stirring the pot because he knows better...

The Following User Says Thank You to FrankieT/A For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2022, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
After 650-700HP on the street is traction game....Anything in that arena lights the tires at 70mph. You need a prepped track after that.
I'm not sure if the power level needs to be that high before it becomes "useless" for a street vehicle. A larger CID will help you get the "crazy fast" street car level easier and usually remain more driveable. It's also impressive at the cruise nights to have the "big" engine under the hood. I recall having a bunch of foreign exchange students shocked that I had a 7.6 litre engine in my 80 TA. They had never seen an automobile engine half the size, where ever they were from.