Old 04-27-2022, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Original or reproduction long branch manifolds

Wondering if I posted photos whether it can be determined whether these exhaust manifolds are original or reproductions? These were being used on my friend's test stand and I purchased them from the family after he passed. He had big cars and Firebirds and had 428's with long branch manifolds in all of them.

I was going to use them on the '65 Catalina Safari wagon but ended up using Doug's Headers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust 1A.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	589547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust 1B.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	589548   Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust 2A.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	589549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhaust 2B.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	589550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil Filter adapter.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	589553  

Old 04-27-2022, 05:31 PM
Senior Chief

I'm not sure but here's a link to the RARE website with their Full Size Manifolds

https://www.ramairrestoration.com/po...c-coating.html

The Following User Says Thank You to T.Weber For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Senior Chief

The driver side appears to be similar to reports offered by Year One etc. years ago. Has the large square bolt bosses on each end. The other I’m not sure.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:52 PM
Senior Chief

Default Manifolds

I suspect they are reproduction because an original passenger side should have the gate with the thermo-spring device for cold start??

Old 04-28-2022, 09:10 AM

If you decide to sell them, I might be interested in taking them off your hands...

Old 04-28-2022, 09:31 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
I suspect they are reproduction because an original passenger side should have the gate with the thermo-spring device for cold start??
Not all models had heat stove. Firebird Long branch did not have. Not sure of P/N with or without.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:59 AM
Senior Chief

Default Manifolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwfisher View Post
Not all models had heat stove. Firebird Long branch did not have. Not sure of P/N with or without.
Hmmmm. I think I own a set of '68 long branch manifolds with heat riser. Maybe '68 only?? Now I'm curious.

Old 05-02-2022, 02:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Would anyone have photos of what an original set might look like? Sure seems like they very well could be reproductions, although definitely not from the same mold as current Ram Air Restoration manifolds.

Spent Sunday replacing the steering box on the wagon. Now I've replaced a steering box on a Bonneville with standard exhaust manifolds in a couple hours. Did find out that the Doug Headers perfectly trap the steering box until that header is totally removed. ...the joys and tribulations of wanting more power.