Old 04-05-2022, 10:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Street tire grip

Looking for a good 295/50/15 street tire that has the best traction No drag radials please I already have them.It was a toss up between Mickey st or cooper cobra,firestones firehawk (old design)looked promising but have been discontinued.Thanks joe

Old 04-05-2022, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What about the MT S/R? LImited in sizes but one of their 15s might be close to what you want. I was looking for a tread compound but didnt see one. Similar with the Hoosier Pro Streets. I would think what you want would be a compound that is softer than a hard Cooper Cobra or BFG Radial, but not as soft as a drag radial. There are actually a couple tracks around here that have a class for racing with street tires that specify a treadwear rating to keep out drag radials. I think the number is minimum 230, but dont quote me on that.

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/.../sportsman-s-r

You would probably have more options in a larger diameter wheel that could take advantage of the hot summer only tires that get put on Corvettes and whatnot.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 04-11-2023, 10:42 PM

Curious what people are running in 17's? While not a premier street tire I'm sure, I wanted to buy a set of the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A sport tires, but I see they are discontinued. I don't want drag radials, just a good all around street tire. Going on a Catalina wagon.