THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:02 PM

I could mention, in the Corvette world, when I was following, some occasions arose that some blocks were documented to have been restamped but the job was perfect, including broach marks and date codes, that they passed with full marks. Don’t know if that flies today.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:10 PM

That's my conclusion as well. Without documentation to the contrary the blank block was stamped at some point. That is alot of money for a non matching car but the buyer had all the information to make his decision. Lets see what happens when it comes up for sale in the future.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00fxd View Post
I could mention, in the Corvette world, when I was following, some occasions arose that some blocks were documented to have been restamped but the job was perfect, including broach marks and date codes, that they passed with full marks. Don’t know if that flies today.
In reading my post I would like to correct.... that they passed 'Judging' with full marks .....

Old 05-19-2022, 08:11 PM

I know the Corvette world fairly well. A re-stamped block on C2s and early C3s no matter what brings a big reduction in price and must be disclosed. It still is highly frowned upon no matter what the caliber of work. I know of a least one sale reversal (or say refund prior to litigation) by one of the 2 big auction houses for it coming to light a couple of weeks after that sale.