Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The little skid steers do run out of power quickly to run axilary hydraulics. Personally I would get a older mid size 60 to 70ish Hp wheeled skid steer. Probably 15-25000 for a 320D or next size smaller deere or a S 200 or 185 series Bobcat. 60 to 70 hp with wheels around 7500 lbs. Shopping around you can find them for 15 to 20K. Wouldn’t bother me to run something a little older even, not reason to go much older though they don’t get much cheaper. S200 Bobcat or a 320 D Deere would be mid 20s for a cab and a/c. No reason to get track IMHO. We run tracked loaders, and have a smaller wheeled one also. We had a tracked Bobcat T300,81 Hp, 10000 lbs with cab a/c. Now have a 329 deere track loader, 87 hp We paid $17k for the T300 when it was 5 years old. About 27k for the deere 5 years old. New it is close to 70k for something similar now though. They are much tougher than compact tractors, more industrial minded.

But, as far as compact tractors, with a belly mower on a compact tractor I would want a Deere 2 series with the Auto connect mower. Most the stuff on the tractors themselves are fairly close. We have ran some Kioti’s, they are nice little tractors. Rather have a Kubota though, I love Kubota’s engines, they have my favorite compact engine. But the belly mower kind stinks on ALL of them compared to the Deere. The quick connect mower JD has is leaps and bounds over anything anyone else has. Plus the loader can stay on if needed. FWIW

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBn1wXY-dUw

Last edited by Jay S; 01-21-2022 at 09:43 AM.