Old 06-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well after 6 weeks of waiting, the car is finally here.
It will need some work, but it is a great start.

Here are some
pics of the car.

Old 06-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well after 6 weeks of waiting, the car is finally here.
It will need some work, but it is a great start.

Here are some
pics of the car.

Old 06-30-2003, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice looking car but wasnt that snow on it.

Old 07-01-2003, 04:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, it was that Summer snow, only shows up when it hits 90 degrees!

I didn't see anything that resembled snow, other than a reflection off the windshield.

Old 07-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Suspended

Gradulations on the car. Will Alger finally sold that dude eh? Have fun putting it together. I'm working on a 72 Ventura right now. I just got back from Kauffman's pulling 593 bhp on the dyno with the 400 that is going in. : )

L8r,

Aaron

Old 07-06-2003, 07:00 AM
Senior Chief

Hey Aaron, Give us the scoop on what you got in there to make the HP! I am interested as I am in the middle of buildin mine and I am hoping to be in the mid 500's!

Old 07-15-2003, 10:03 AM

Nice straight car with some drag strip goodies! What are your plans for the beast? - Dan

Old 07-15-2003, 09:13 PM

Hey Brian,
Did that car come with a hood? If not, check this out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=42606&rd=1

Old 07-16-2003, 04:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, I have 2 hoods that I got w/ the car. A flat hood and a GTO hood. Plus, I am looking into a fiberglass hood, along w/ glass bumpers. But I do appreciate the link.

I'm building a stroked 400 (468) w/ Edelbrock heads, custom solid roller cam, Victor intake and a 850 Holley. There are 3.73's and I need to get a set of Axles. Haven't decided on where/who/what converter yet. Hoping for low 11's, would like to hit the 10's w/ some spray!!
But I have been known to change combos in a blink of an eye. Right Gooatee?!

Old 07-16-2003, 09:41 PM

If you guys could do me a big favor and not bid on that hood, I would really appreciate it. That hood you linked to on e-bay was from my dad's 74 GTO. He bought the GTO in 74 and had it running for several years. When I was a kid we started to restore it in 85, then my parents got divorced in 87 and that cooled the restoration. My mom and dad moved away from the house my grandparents owned after the divorce and my dad lived their shortly before moving out. He left the car their because he had no other place to take it and the car deteriorated some. He then worked in a body shop in Winchester from 90-92 and during that time started restoring the GTO again. He started by removing the hood and repainting it. I helped him sand it and then he painted it Bright red (he thinks it was "porsche" red). Then he moved away and still didn't have a place for the car or the hood, so he left both of them where they were. Then in 95 4 weeks before my 16th birthday we were planning on getting the car and discovered it had been stolen, stripped of a few parts and sold to a junkyard for $75. The junkyard crushed what was left. We recovered a few small parts and my dad left the hood at the body shop, since now we really didn't need it. Sometime in the next two years the body shop closed and in 97 I found another GTO and bought it. My dad and I moved shortly thereafter and he didn't tell me the hood was still at the closed body shop, so I figured it was long gone. Flash forward to this week, and I am actively restoring my 74 and checking e-bay and this hood shows up there with the description "bought out an old body shop", it is in the small town we are from and is described as having been "painted". And as you can tell from the picture is bright red, at least a few ticks brighter than "Buccaneer Red". This same person has the hundreds of other parts he bought in another auction, so apparently the old body shop sold out all the old parts in it, or they were auctioned. I call my dad and he goes, "yeah I left it there, I never had room". The truth is he forgot or assumed that it was long gone. So anyway back to my favor, could you guys please not bid on this hood so I can buy it back for me and my dad? I know that may be asking a lot, but this is all that is left from my dad's 74 GTO. I am currently the high bidder on it.
Thanks,
Dion

Old 07-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dion,

You better either bid more or call him w/ an offer or to see what he wants for it. The reserve isn't met yet, so even if you are high bidder he doesn't have to sell it to you for your high bid.

Better do it before it is too late.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the advice. I am going to drive out there Saturday and talk to him. Wish me luck.
Dion

Old 07-18-2003, 05:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Okay, I'll be nice and won't up the anty on the bidding even though the reserve has not been met, unless someone other than you is high bidder and its not rediculiously over priced! I'll be watching!
Sooooooo since you say you already have a 74 GTO then you would be will to part with the one you have now???
mine was damaged years ago and would like to replace it.

Old 07-18-2003, 06:19 PM

hey, if you guys still need a hood for a 74 get ahold of me if the ebay deal falls thru. i have one that i got in a bunch of stuff a couple of weeks ago.

dion, where was the body shop? just curious.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-18-2003, 08:35 PM

Thanks for holding off your bids. I am going to try to figure out what he wants for it Saturday, and take care of the auction. If that doesn't work out, I will grow a new ulcer as I sit there waiting for some crazy last minute bidder thta isn't aware of the situation.
I would check with Mike Nixon above, he says he has a hood. I am not sure what I am going to do with my hood once I have this one. All I know is that I have to have this hood since it is all that is left from my dad's 74.

Mike:
The reason I know it is my dad's is because he is located in Winchester 1 mile from the old now defunct body shop, Tipple's Auto Body.
He put all of the other parts he bought from there in another lot.
Thanks,
Dion

Old 07-18-2003, 08:44 PM

i was just curious as i live south & west of portland, about 20 miles north of winchester.

mike

[This message was edited by mike nixon on July 19, 2003 at 09:05 PM.]

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 07-18-2003, 09:00 PM

My aunt lives in Portland.

Old 07-18-2003, 09:02 PM

Have you ever been by Tipple's Auto Body when it was active?

Old 07-19-2003, 07:59 PM

I went over there and talked to him. His reserve is through the roof. He thought it was NOS, which it is not. He confirmed that it came from Tipple's Auto Body and that it is the same one my dad left there, but he is interested in making as much cash as from it as possible, so who knows what will happen. He said he is going to contact the highest bidders if the reserve isn't met (which it won't be), so he will likely contact you Rob, unless some other guys bid on it in the next 12 hours. So please, please don't bid if he e-mails you as that will just increase the amount I have to pay him to get my hood back.
Thanks again, 12 hours to go.
Dion

Old 07-19-2003, 09:36 PM

i may have been to the body shop, the name is familiar.

who is your aunt? i may know her.

i contacted the guy also who had the hood in regards to his listing or rather the mistake in it regarding the hood fitting a firebird..

he mainly deals in mustang and shelby [mustang not cobra] parts. i don't think he's got a clue as to what the hood's worth. with it being a one year only deal i'd say he believes it's a super desirable ,high dollar piece.

little does he know that the 74's are the black sheep of the family.

i hope you end up with it at a reasonable price.

mike

- Winston Churchill