Old 08-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup, going to the track today. I am looking into hydroboost. Manual brakes, i don't know. This car is the best stopping vehicle i own and would hate to change that. Might have to go 4 wheel disc manual.

'74 ventura, (Fired july 14/06) '74 462 4-bolt (9.5-1), SCAT, Ross, T-II w/850DP (shaker455), TH350, Conti 10'' 3800, Supercomps, Magnaflow, 3'' Pypes, 3.73's, 28x13.5-15 ET streets.

1970 Beismeyer 17' flatbottom vdrive, 11.8:1 455P, ported heads, dual Qjet tunnel ram.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Get going already. will ya......

Old 08-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILTIT
Thats too bad, hope your daughter is okay. Mine is ready to fire first thing in the morning.
Thanks for the concern about Emma, once they rulled out strep-throat they gave her a big dose of Benadryl and it took care of it. Since it didn't return they felt it was a food alergy. She's good to go now!

Screwed myself I guess! I went to pick up my #1233 intake gaskets, timing cover set, and valve cover gaskets from O'reilleys. I had to order the #1233's Mon. afternoon. The gaskets came in on Tuesday and they sent them back on Thursday! They usually hold the orders for 4-7 days, not anymore it's up to the discression of the manager. Didn't get finished with the cam swap.

The #60916 has been removed/replaced with the #60311. I kept all the hydraulic lifters in order so it can be used again; the cam/lifters looked great. I have not degreed the cam yet, because the timing chain seemed a little loose for my liking. I'm going to pick up another chain, to be safe. I bought some Moly-Graphite assembly lube designed for high pressure applications; laying a thick layer on all the lobes and the bottoms of the lifters.

critter, those 9.350" JBP pushrods made a perfect pattern on the valve! Both Int/Exh made a nice wear pattern in the center 1/3 of the valve tip! Thanks!

I reordered the gaskets from Advance Auto they might be in by tomorrow morning if not by Monday. I prepaid this time so they don't get sent back! I will get the engine back running this week! I just have to be patient...

So much for getting the "Big Solid" installed for todays big car show! Maybe I'll be ready by next months show? JD