THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-14-2021, 09:35 PM

I can’t imagine your pain and sorrow, I’m so sorry you’re going though this, lean on God, he will lead you to healing.

Old 08-14-2021, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear, Bob. Prayers are going your way for you and your wife.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 08-14-2021, 10:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am very sorry to hear about your loss Bob! Hang in there and rely on your best memories of your time together. Dave

Old 08-15-2021, 02:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Its 2.30 am woke up to normal bathroom trip. Now just trying relax to go back to sleep. I'm truly thankful you guys are supportive. I've never had this kind of loss. Mother and Dad, pets, but my wife weve grown up together, matured, then realized that the creator put us unique individuals together for a reason. Now he has separated us for reason. What does he have in mind now? I was sitting before in the dark awake thinking I'm alone,strong physically but scared. Then I say ok,its going to all work ,give it time. Then I get scared again and try to deal with that emotion ,like dealing with the emotion of driving your car or burning out feels good. I'm trying to put my head around this event. I'm going to seek some professional help after the funeral. Right now I'm grasping at ideas on how to cope. Thank you. Please hug your family today for me, no matter what the problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2021, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you Bob:

I cherish my family. Sharing your pain has been a valuable reminder to not take a single day for granted.

FWIW,
Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 08-15-2021, 08:35 AM

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today Bob.

JT

Old 08-15-2021, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, If you listen to the radio try finding a K-Love station. I listen to it all the time and it has helped me through some troubles. Here is a list of stations in your area. It is also on Sirius XM if you have that. I think it is channel 63 "The Message".

https://www.klove.com/music/station-finder

Old 08-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm so sorry for your loss Bob. You are in my prayers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al2b-...eature=related
Old 08-15-2021, 05:54 PM
Senior Chief

You are still in my prayers.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob......I'm so sorry for your loss.....the exact same thing happened to me last December 21. My wife was fine when I went to
work at 8:30 am. At 10:30 am I got a call at work from the Hospital near my home to come down to the emergency room
right away but do not break the speed limit....that's all they would say over the phone. I drove to the hospital, knowing that my wife had passed away. When I got to the emergency entrance I stood under the awning for 5 minutes because I didn't want
to hear what they were going to tell me. When I finally walked through the emergency room doors the chaplain was waiting for me to tell me my wife had died from a sudden heart attack. I agree with you completely that no previous dealings with death be they your parents , siblings, or friends can prepare you for the sudden unexpected lost of your spouse. It is probably the toughest thing anybody can go through in my opinion. Bob, it gets a lot better but it takes time......I'm just now
starting to feel kind of normal 9 months later. Hang in there Bob.....it will get better.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks again you guys for sharing taking time to respond. Right now I feel ok,just walked across the road on a tree lined coltersak. Said high to 2 neighbors. Yesterday at the viewing I was weepy composed when all the friends showed up. I want to say a BIG thank to Tom and Amy Ridgcreek,and Larry Sedlmier for taking the time to travel so long to support us. I was blown away. People telling me personal experiences about my wife that I did not know. How she cared-thought of others before herself. Her warm smile,charm,one woman told me she said,'you need to quit wearing black all the time'
Yes that's my wife. Cleaning everyday,wash on vlothesline,floors scrubbed on her knees. I called
' Babycakes'. I'd come behind her in kitchen and hug her saying I squeeze the stuffings out of you. She say oh my arthritis is hurting today.
At casket alone last night I couldnt let go but knew I had to move to next phase. Hugged her lightly kissed her forehead, and stood up and asked her to help me be better. Then said goodbye Baby Cakes. Staff told to take my time but I knew I needed to move on. Glanced in doorway said one last goodbye by Baby, also I used toots also at times. I never knew how much I'd miss her. Thank you all for your support. Again please please hug your love ones today! I will reread all the posts in time.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry for your loss Bob. I know how you are feeling at this moment as I also had to take my wife of 36 years off life support a year ago this Sept 2nd. Grief is a bitch. It comes and goes in waves. Sometimes little waves, sometimes waves so big you wish the lord would just take you right now. Only thing I can say is take it one day at a time. She is still with you, and will let you know. God bless.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sending warm thoughts to Brother Bob.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Senior Chief

Hang in there Bob. I lost my wife just a couple of months before our 25th wedding anniversary. She had a brain aneurism while siting across the table from me. She was kept on life support for 4 days but there was no response. That was 26 years ago and time does help to get over the shock. Lean on friends and family. Your faith is also a good support system. When the time feels right get out and talk to people. Cling to the memories. And as others have said don't do anything impulsively.
Take care and know that we are all on your side.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 08-16-2021, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you guys. May God Bless all of you.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll be praying for you again tonight.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry to hear that Bob, sounds like you had a good relationship,

1966 Lemans, 3700Lbs, 406 ci, #96 Heads, Crane 467/494 cam, RPM Intake, Q-Jet, 11 inch Converter, 3:90 gears, 3 inch exhaust, Best ET 12.62@107 MPH 414ci shortblock coming soon!
Old 08-16-2021, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob.... My heart is breaking reading this....

I will continue to have you in my thoughts......

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 08-16-2021, 10:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So incredibly sorry beyond words Bob.
Going to take a bit of time to find new balance, but you'll find it in degrees.
Don't be ashamed of finding new balance, she left that task for you.
Be thankful you didn't leave behind that tremendous task for her.

You were a lucky man and God blessed you with a wonderful woman who stuck by you until her very last moment.
You got a real solid bargain on that deal
Amen

Surprised by how many of you other guys, just in this thread, have had to suffer the loss of your wives.
Wish peace and grace for all of you

Jerry H
carcrazy
jhein
Jim Rotella
OldGoat67
HALFWAY
gtoHurstJudge
TinInjun
FirebirdHank

i also remember that A.W.Dillie lost his wife not long ago
and hasn't posted on here much, if any, since then.
Some might remember the thread where he was trying to adopt/rehome a Parrot as a companion for his wife during her illness , and they even ripped him off on the deal.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prayers sent to you Bob.