The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 12-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Howdy all.

I have been going through the archives in regards to panel bonding. I am getting ready to weld in my 1/4 flair patch panel and lower 1/4 patch panel. I am wanting to use the 3m Automix Panel Bonding Adhesive 08115 as from what I have read that is the best stuff going. I can find the adhesive here in Alaska for $45.95 a tube. However, the applicator gun 08117 is $335.92. No way in hell am I going to spend that kind of money on a gun.

The question is, what has everyone else paid for the gun. I seen in a couple previous posts that it was around $45, that I can deal with. Has anyone tried a different type of applicator gun?

Anyone have one they want to sell?

Thanks,

Bill

It is not a problem.... It is just a blood pressure monitor.

Old 12-26-2003, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill the Duramix dispenser for the 6 oz tube will work. I think the part number is 4997. That is what I bought a while back.

Old 12-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Duramix is owned by 3M. At my local body shop store, and online, a 6oz tube is about $27, 12 oz $59 (medium panel mix). The gun is $60 for the 6 oz size. They also sell a plastic calking gun adapter piece for the 6 oz tubes. I could'nt find it online right now but I have seen it online and at the store...very inexpensive.
They also sell all of this in 12oz. sizes.
I will be using this to install my front floor pans. If you go to "duramix.com" it says 3M at the top of the page. Check them out online. Looks like great stuff. I also noticed that someone is selling some tubes on ebay at a great price.

Old 12-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks everyone for your insight. I found the 3m adhesive at Carquest. I could not find the Duramix gun, but I did buy a SEM gun number 70029 which looks like it will work. The adhesive is tight fitting to put in the gun, but it does seem like it will work. Lets hope so.

Anyone have any hands-on does and dont's for using the adhesive?

Thanks to all that responded.

Bill

Old 12-26-2003, 06:21 PM

not sure of the 3-m stuff but the applicator for the sems that i have was around 60.00,

i got it at carquest if that helps.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-26-2003, 05:24 PM

I also used Duramix the dispenser is for the 6 oz tube. I had checked with several body shops in the area and found that they also used Duramix. You may want to take a look at their web site.

Old 12-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Howdy all.

I have been going through the archives in regards to panel bonding. I am getting ready to weld in my 1/4 flair patch panel and lower 1/4 patch panel. I am wanting to use the 3m Automix Panel Bonding Adhesive 08115 as from what I have read that is the best stuff going. I can find the adhesive here in Alaska for $45.95 a tube. However, the applicator gun 08117 is $335.92. No way in hell am I going to spend that kind of money on a gun.

The question is, what has everyone else paid for the gun. I seen in a couple previous posts that it was around $45, that I can deal with. Has anyone tried a different type of applicator gun?

Anyone have one they want to sell?

Thanks,

Bill