67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:07 AM

Default Door seal comparison test.results

Good morning, after reading a post about door seals, good,bad soft or hard I decided to try the 2 seals that were talked about the most,one on each door. On the drivers side of the 67 firebird I installed OER brand and on the Passenger side Metro Super Soft, the OER seal needed to be worked at the top window area to fit correctly on both sides, the Metro seals had almost a perfect fit on the window slot area but the plastic buttons used to hold them were VERY plyable and had very little strength,the OER buttons were much stronger and fit/ hold a lot better. When both were installed the OER side when closing the door had the door at about 1/2 inch of gap while the Metro Super Soft had less then 1/8th inch gap.
I removed the OER and Used The Metro Super Soft seales with the OER buttons and was very pleased with the results,just thought I'd give you guys an FYI if your going to do your doors soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Badss540 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the info. I had the same issue with the plastic retainers. I ended up ordering replacement retainers from a Camaro vendor (don't remember who - maybe D and R?) and then installing the door seals.

"We have got but one life here. It pays, no matter what comes after it, to try and do things, to accomplish things in this life and not merely to have a soft and pleasant time." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak." - A father's words of wisdom to his children
The Following User Says Thank You to trmjr1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM

I purchased a set from OPG for my 70 Trans am, they were hard as a rock and the doors would not even come close to shutting.
Ordered new set from Soft Seal, Problem solved

Old 01-24-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
I purchased a set from OPG for my 70 Trans am, they were hard as a rock and the doors would not even come close to shutting.
Ordered new set from Soft Seal, Problem solved
Thats why I did it, i had both sets on the shelf in the garage. That pics looks very close to me, Huntington Beach area?