Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 11-30-2009, 12:19 AM

Question push rod length ?

if i install the crower 60916 and puchase the lifters,springs,retainers etc.how do i figure out what length the push rods have to be? i am staying with the stock 1.5 rockers

69 400 .30 over
62 heads stock
turbo 400/2500 stall
3.90 posi

Old 11-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Need to know @ least three things to even begin to have a chance of answering this.

What length valves are in those #62 heads?

Have the heads been milled at all?

Has the block been decked at all?

If the answer to those questions is "stock",then likely you'll need "stock" length pushrods as well.

Typically for a pontiac of that vintage that would mean a pushrod roughly 9.130" to 9.170" or so.

I'd also recommend that you convert to an adjustable valvetrains as well,but that's another post likely.

And I'll throw in the obligatory recommendation to go ahead and actually check the length/geometry just to be safe,but honestly it sounds like that may be overkill for this situation,at least till we get a bit more info on this.

HTH

Bret P.

In the meantime,check out the cars HERE.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:56 PM

thanks for the reply,yes everything is stock.it was just cleaned up and then a valve job given.block has not been milled either. i wont have to machine the spring seats to install the correct valve springs for the 60916 will i ?