Old 12-28-2021, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
DAMN
So is that the bait she used to hook you with ?
It certainly helped!! My Ex-wife hated my GTO. My new wife loves our involvement with our local POCI Chapter and the national events, including the Pontiac, Illinois show every September. Alos, she is very tolerant of the time I spend on Tri-Power restorations.

What more could an old Pontiac nut ask?

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 12-28-2021, 03:38 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Boneske View Post
It certainly helped!! My Ex-wife hated my GTO. My new wife loves our involvement with our local POCI Chapter and the national events, including the Pontiac, Illinois show every September. Alos, she is very tolerant of the time I spend on Tri-Power restorations.

What more could an old Pontiac nut ask?
We're both Blessed men Dick!!

My wife is very supportive but maybe not quite as enthusiastic as yours but she agrees when I say "There's worse things than a Pontiac Hobby a Husband could be spending his time doing."

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Old 12-28-2021, 05:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My wife is the same - very supportive of my cars and other hobbies. She loves going to shows and races.

She was my helper on the last engine rebuild - both for tear down and assembly.

Glad y’all found good ones too. Happy New Year.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got one of those wives too....mine actually told me to find one to build. For 3 years before I actually did it. Her only requirement was factory A/C. THEN after that one was finished she let me buy a second one. If I could clone her I'd be a billionaire.

Old 12-29-2021, 05:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My wife has been going to car events with me for over 40 years. The various Show and Go's at different dragstrips, concour events and whatever adventure we're up to.

Somehow she hasn't pick-up a lot of automotive knowledge through those years and she'll panic a bit if I leave her alone with the car at a crowded event.

She'll always ask "what do I say if someone asks me a question" and I always respond the same way . "Just say 389 a lot! " and nod affirmatively :--).

Here I'm testing out the family BMW X1 last month, I wanted her to try making a pass but she declined. Still found a good restaurant in the western mountains of N.J. so it all works out.