Old 12-08-2006, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966sprint
After talking with a couple people i found out that someone hacked the sellers account and started sending second chance offers to the lower bidders. Im not suprised ,that happened to me a couple years ago. Ebay then pulls the listing. I hope no one falls for the scammers second chance offers.
The seller sent me an additional reply yesterday. I didn't write to him twice, but it seems like he's pushing out some info to set the record straight. Here's what juniorsamples123 said, this time NOT in all caps...

"Hello the car did sell and I received the deposit. A few days later the auction was high jacked and had several second chance offers on it. Ebay then pulled it and had to restore my account. In doing that they lost the orginal auction. They finally got me back on line. Those jerks from the UK steeling peoples pass words
thanks and have a Merry X I am will the 400K"

The last sentence doesn't make complete sense with the typo. I think he's reinforcing his assertion that he got $400,000 for a car.

Under normal circumstances, the winning bid amount is shown next to the auction history. The words "private auction" would be next to this one. But ebay has no record of anything connected to this sale now?

Old 12-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I received two fraud warning about second chance offers on this auction as I asked a question while it was ongoing.

The standard "canned" dont do anything outside of ebay, fraud alert, dont fall for second chance offer warning message.

I bet it was jacked. Have received these before but not two in a week.