Old 01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

md1twal3,

My car was also built the third week of February (Fremont), is not a pattern car, but has all options mentioned except no console and has the 8-track.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't make out the dealer order number on the eBay car invoice. Can anyone else make it out - does it have the 000** ? The equipment is right.

md1 - yours is a bastard similar to mine. 2C built, non-pattern. I could bail you out of that heap for a few thousand - if that helps any.

Has anyone ran across a pattern car with Parchment Interior - or were all Black interior ?

Another "Pattern AUTOMATIC" like Bucks WITHOUT A/C popped across the Bay about a week ago. Very nice car, but it's stuck in Japan - no takers for 32k in that respect. Late january build.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAR 69 JUDGE auto III0c_12.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	40751   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAR 69 JUDGEce_1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	40752  

Old 01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BVZ....you got a real big chuckle out of me!!!!!! Let me give it some thought

Old 01-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the pattern stick cars could have black or parchment interiors, I've seen both

Old 01-10-2008, 05:46 PM

According to my PHS buildsheet, my 69 Judge was built 01D and shipped out of Fremont plant to Westminster, CA on jan. 31st. It is orange and black, but did not have P/S, did not have Posi (open 3:36), did not have gauges (idiot lights instead). It did have hood tach and did have hideaways. Also, had 4 speed with console. it is an early car, but not exactly built to the "pattern".

Old 01-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GTOPLACE - holy crap - your description goes completely against all the grain.

Can you confirm your 1D build date from your cowl tag, and post a scan of your PHS ?

Only seen one Judge shipped before 2/5/69 - and it went to Canada. Never seen one built "Non-Pattern" before 2C.

Thanks.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin
GTOPLACE - holy crap - your description goes completely against all the grain.
I'd have to eat my hat...................

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

lol
From several threads I think we've learned/compiled enough information about the build of early Judges and the Pattern/Zone order phenomenon to add a new chapter to the Restoration Guide, and the other Big Books.

I've been recently seeing a good number of 2/6/69 shipping dates. I'd definitely say the 2/5 and 2/6 was a mass/blanket release of some degree.

I can understand the Canadian export being let shipped earlier (1/23/69). If camarorox (sp) could verify (photo or stencil shade) his trim tag showing a 1B build date code - I would say he has the Very First Judge Built for public retail, and First Sold - hands down.

GTOPLACE's Judge appears to be perhaps the First One Sold in the US. The craziest thing about his Judge is it is completely non-pattern. Of all these 1C through 2B Judges we have documented - it's the only one non-pattern - and its shipped first/earliest ?

Nobody is saying these Cars don't exist - just interested in studying them and documenting their oddities.

GTOPLACE: You faxed your PHS to North, I believe it was. He never followed through.
Can you fax them to BetWinner ?

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 01-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 AM

In watching this great discussion after the "first " 2000 Judges were built can one tell where his /her Judge fell in place in production? For instance my dealer order # is 26823. What does that number represent? Is it the 26,283 pontiac ordered for 69'. On my PHS info it list an ID # as well PBA548391. What does that represent?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:52 AM

I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO FAX IT TO SOMEONE AS I TRIED TO POST IT ONCE BEFORE AND COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT. NO COMPUTER WIZARD HERE. I'VE ADDED RICHMOND 3:55s WITH AUBURN POSI AND RALLY GAUGES. PREVIOUS OWNERS ADDED P/S, N.O.S. AM/FM, WOOD WHEEL. I NEED A 952 DISTRIBUTOR AND ABOUT 34 MORE CUBIC INCHES.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOPLACE
I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO FAX IT TO SOMEONE AS I TRIED TO POST IT ONCE BEFORE AND COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT. NO COMPUTER WIZARD HERE. I'VE ADDED RICHMOND 3:55s WITH AUBURN POSI AND RALLY GAUGES. PREVIOUS OWNERS ADDED P/S, N.O.S. AM/FM, WOOD WHEEL. I NEED A 952 DISTRIBUTOR AND ABOUT 34 MORE CUBIC INCHES.
PM sent with fax number.

Michael

Old 01-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had a 69 Judge without a glovebox emblem and it was a 4 speed ac car.. With all the other normal early build options on the first post here..

Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 AM

Will all of the pattern judges have the same number under the dealer order number? Because one of the cars I have does not have anything under the dealer order number. I have bought both cars but I have not moved them yet. I will post better pictures when I receive the cars next week. The one I am talking about has a 1c cowl tag and was sold 4-19. kip

Old 01-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama1
Will all of the pattern judges have the same number under the dealer order number? Because one of the cars I have does not have anything under the dealer order number. I have bought both cars but I have not moved them yet. I will post better pictures when I receive the cars next week. The one I am talking about has a 1c cowl tag and was sold 4-19. kip
The pattern cars usually have three zero's followed by two numbers in this box. See my PHS attached which has 00051 in that box at the top. These numbers may have been zone numbers, but I am not sure.

Please post the phs for your 1C car.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	000Judge PHS small.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	118010  

Old 01-12-2008, 10:46 AM

I FAXED MY PHS TO JL HARPER. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll post it up shortly once I get to my office.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GTO PLACE's PHS copy.
If you cant read let me know and I might be able to trace over with help from his clean copy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ti#3.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	118072  

Old 01-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHarper
GTO PLACE's PHS copy.
If you cant read let me know and I might be able to trace over with help from his clean copy.
Can see fine. Looks nicely optioned.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:10 PM

If my PHS didn't list the G70 x 14 tires, what did it come with? Whitewalls? Redline tires? It is a pattern car, shipped 2/7/69, build date 01C

Old 01-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesjudge
If my PHS didn't list the G70 x 14 tires, what did it come with? Whitewalls? Redline tires? It is a pattern car, shipped 2/7/69, build date 01C
Blackwalls were standard. The PHS above lists RL = Raised Letter tires.

1971 Trans Am 455HO M22; Cameo White / Blue
1971 GTO Convertible 455 M40; Starlight Black / Black