Old 11-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink allmycarsandjokes

The Junkman was josseling us I think. Did you see his 70 Baretta ? But - the seller may have sprung an 875 B.I.N. price on him, just as well too. He didn't 'say' the reserve was 875, he insinuated 875 or no less would halt the auction and transfer ownership.

I don't know any more than you guys about the actual true attributes of this Judge. The reserve may have been tipped along by some spectators. But we can definitely say the Car Is being offered For Sale within it's realistic fair market range, by where it met reserve. Where it goes from here is up to the men with actual real money to spare. Good luck Buck. The hard part starts now.

If you can afford the Car - you need to afford inspecting it so you know where to stop your bid.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Chief

Baron, the price may be in market range for a car that is what we hope this one is.

The problem is we don't know much about this car. The auction does not give any evidence of the originality of the drivetrain, accuracy of the odometer reading, condition of the body (original sheetmetal?), or ownership history. The seller refuses to provide the VIN, or a scanned copy of the PHS. He only offers a personal guarantee of authenticity, whatever that means.

I don't believe any reasonable and rational person would offer this kind of money for nothing more than a vague description of a car. That is why I doubt the private bidders are legitimate buyers.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:57 AM

Anybody on the board live close to this car? It would be interesting to find out if this car is what it is.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The red RA IV car wasn't numbers matching. At the very least, it had a NOM. The black RA III car had an interior and exterior color change if memory serves me right.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

testing for avtars/images...please ignore...:-)

Old 11-25-2006, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ra455
TOO MANY- I agree. Wasn't there a Red RA4 Judge for sale this past summer at a dealer that was #1 show mint and all matching that couldn't get the asking price of $125,000?

The same dealer had a Black/Red RA3 Judge that couldn't get his $75,000.

Did those cars ever move?
The Ram IV car did not have a IV motor in it, and the III car was a color change from green.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Judging by his replies,auction info: he is either a very inexperienced seller who is in possession of a rare car which he is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame or....its a fake and hes getting in deeper trying to conceal what the car exactly is.

Not giving out the block code, carb codes/part numbers?
Wonder what his reason is for that one?
He resorted to a defensive reply also....the drooling comment.

This is whats in store using this new improved ebay bid system that conceals bidders ID.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The best and only defense is to not bid on those auctions. Very simple.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Senior Chief

I think I will send a message offering him $500,000 cash (unmarked bills in a plain suitcase) if he will end the auction early. This guy deserves about a hundred offers to end the auction, all of them fakes.

Yes, ebay has taken yet another step backward. They seem to thrive on attracting the sleazy sellers. It's all about the money, more auctions means more profits for ebay.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What ever happened to the Black/Black partially burned Judge that popped up here about a year ago - that one was low mileage too wasn't it?

Guy stole it from his brother, was looking for offers?

Somebody help me out here.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I wonder if there is any shill bidding going on with this car? Just wondering, not that it is actually happenening here

Old 11-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For the most part, there are two types of people on ebay......sellers......and losers

Old 11-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Suspended

I don't agree. I sell stuff and it's priced fair. If it doesn't sell, it wasn't priced fair or well represented. I buy on ebay and come out alright. I've made my best deals with ebay people buying their stuff offline.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss
What ever happened to the Black/Black partially burned Judge that popped up here about a year ago - that one was low mileage too wasn't it?

Guy stole it from his brother, was looking for offers?

Somebody help me out here.
I was wondering about that car, too. RA IV, auto, '70. Went up on e bay and was a no-sale. Maybe got into the mid 20's. Was somewhat interested in the car, but had my hands full at the time (and still do).

Scott

Old 11-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Senior Chief

Wow 5 pages of chatter on this...

I will add this much.... I have known Don for years. Is he a character? you bet. however he HAS (and apparently still does have) some real rare rides in his stable. i have not seen this car in person but i can say he is not some sheister from germany doing some phony ebay auction. no, don is an actual person who has had ponticas for some 30 years+. about 5-6 yrs ago i saw his white 20k mile 70 ram 4 judge. i think it also was on ebay for and at teh time sold for something like (gulp) 50K...

id say anyone who is *really* interested should go out and check it out in person. my guess? its the real deal.

my 0.02

ps another point confirming some of my suspicions on this car...notice how a few very respected collectors on this board remain awfully quiet on this car...my guess is they want to get the car as cheap as possible and LIKE to hear the bashing goin on lol! :-)

Anyhow, I for one look forward to seeing how the story on this puppy finishes out!

Old 11-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have been unsuccessful in finding that black ram iv one too, of course I never asked the owner if it sold and that would seem a good place to start , maybe the title issue is being cleared up , it took broadway title 6 months to get one for a car I owned . I heard there is a title co in nevada that is much much faster than broadway title,

Old 11-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

OHHHHHH...I think I know this guy....

Does he own a sheetmetal/orinmental iron biz (or did)?

Decided to get out and sell of everything to save his marriage and build big new home?
Had em in reefer trailers? He had ONE BIG stash.

Sold a bunch of cars eight years ago? Couple of 65's to a PA State Trooper friend? Had a blue RAIV he was saving for his son.

If this is him...then all this makes sense knowing him (somewhat) what he had then ...

I didnt personally do to good dealing on a 70 JUDGE, but It was a honest mistake I think and he reticified with NOS parts and pretty fair guy to me anyway.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

His name would be Ray Lockbaum from Chambersburg Pa. He was one weird cat, but did show me some awesome stuff and I bought a bunch of parts from him that were real and a decent deal. The only problem I had was his way of dealing with people was to have them drive 3 hours to his shop and then to tell you he's too busy to see you ... yada yada. Three trips was all I could take. I really did like him though ... if he lived under an hour away I would have camped out there more.

I walked thru those trailers. It was amazing! Saw a real '70 Judge, '69 Judge. He wouldn't show me the claimed 4spd '71 Judge Convertible.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your right, Phil....Wrong guy...my fault.

I thought the iron work guy's name was DON, same as guy in this RAIV auction. PA guy told me he was moving once all sold but keeping some rare cars.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

251K AND COUNTING!!!!!! CAN THIS BE TRUE????