Old 01-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well there should not be any negative statements about what Pontiacs are bringing at this event.
Time to dump some cars and retire.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not a Judge expert by any means, but these seem to be very high prices even by BJ standards for RAIII Judges don't they??

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't wait to see these cars and more. Buzz is the event is bigger and better than last year. Highly attended with lots of buyers. Going in a few hours and will see for myself.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:02 AM

I agree, it seems like a huge jump, as I thought the market was a bit soft(wrong, I suppose!). I guess that Black ram air III judge Arizona Classics is trying to sell is now considered a bargain.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...e/1413481.html

Old 01-17-2014, 09:40 AM

As a new Judge owner I am happy to see these prices.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thursday recap: Lot Number and Hammer Price (add 10% buyer premium)

Lot 779 $71,000
Lot 821 $100,000
Lot 825 $70,000
Lot 852 $100,000

My opinion is Lot 779 was a very cool car and nice build for a custom driver. Lot 825 was the best value on Thursday and a better written description could have helped the numbers a bit. All three Judges had their own minor flaws.

Friday is a new day with 4 more Judges going over the block!

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com

Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Lot 969 - 1969 Judge RAIII - 4spd

PHS documented 1969 GTO "Judge." A real Judge. Equipped with a 4-speed transmission, 3.55 limited-slip rear end, power steering, power disc brakes, console, Rally II wheels, correct Carousel Red exterior, upgraded with Parchment and black interior, restored and hood tach. This car is an original documented GTO Judge. New steel belted tires and 69,433 original miles with a correct but not original to the car owners manual.

I have not seen a 68 fan shroud OVER a 69 fan shroud before. Also is the sill plate corroded away at the front? Might be the lighting or camera but this Carousel Red paint does not look right in the pictures.....

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 01-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Lot 994 - 1969 GTO Judge RAIII - 4spd

Beautifully restored with care. 1969 GTO Judge in Carousel Red with a Ram Air III, 400/366hp engine mated to a Hurst shifter driving an M20 4-speed. The 3.55 posi-traction rear end makes it nimble with great handling. The original Build Sheet was discovered during restoration and comes along with full PHS documentation. The car comes with Rally wheels and red line tires as well as BFG's on old style Cragar mags for a true muscle look.

Why not install the Rally wheels for the auction?

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Lot 1007 - 1971 Judge 455HO Automatic

The final year of GTO Judge production was 1971 with just 357 produced. This was truly a sleeper being that the Judge in that year was produced with the very strong and greatly under rated 455HO power plant as the only engine available. These torque monsters were quickly recognized as a force to be reckoned with in NHRA Stock Class drag racing and more than a few saw quarter mile duties as new cars fresh from the dealer. The beautiful Lucerne Blue example offered here is one such car, originally ordered by Crown Pontiac in St. Petersburg, FL with plans to campaign it out of their service department by a few dedicated employees. In its first year that is exactly what happened but soon after for reasons unknown the Crown Pontiac Racing Team disbanded and the car sat in the back of the dealership for over a decade with less than 1,500 miles. A Pontiac enthusiast from Western New York discovered the car and bought it with the Crown Pontiac lettering still in place along with a few minor drag race upgrades. What he found was virtually a brand new 1971 Judge that actually had little or no street driven miles. The decision was made to do the minimum work to return the car to bone stock as delivered condition while preserving all of its incredible originality. This 1971 GTO Judge now has traveled just 8,700 actual miles over its 43 year life. Well documented including PHS supplied Build Sheet, this has to be one of the finest low mile Judges in existence. A very thorough mechanical freshening was completed recently to assure the performance to be a good as the looks.

This is the one I think most of us are waiting to see. Impressive Judge with a great history.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Lot 1044 - 1969 Judge RAIII - 4spd

Authentic 1969 Judge with a stunning comprehensive, ground-up, nut and bolt restoration with special attention to detail completed in 2013. Bulletproof documentation included with this sale is the original authentic Build Sheet and complete PHS documentation. Sold new to Southern Motor Co. in Colorado on April 9, 1969. Matching numbers 4-speed transmission. Finished in the original color scheme of stunning Carousel Red with striking Parchment White interior. The original body Cowl Tag reveals a build date of the third week of March 1969. Features include a 400cid engine, Muncie M20 4-speed transmission with original Hurst shifter and T-handle, factory hood mount tachometer, complete Judge package, 3.55 Safe-T-Trac posi-traction rear end, correct G70x14 Firestone Wide Oval tires on Rally II wheels, power front disc brakes, power steering, factory radio, tinted windshield, deluxe steering wheel and Parchment White bucket seats. Detailed from top to bottom with factory style markings and detail tags. A very impressive example with the combination of this striking color scheme, 4-speed transmission, Build Sheet and documentation with stunning restoration.

The preview photos are not the best but I think this one might bring the best money of the remaining 69 Judges. Front side markers should be body color? Red PMD caps, RWL tires, and GTO dash emblem not correct for a March 69 build date.....

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Lot 1608 - 1969 GTO Judge RAIII - 4spd

Ram Air III with year correct 400cid, 4-speed, power disc brakes, power steering, hood tach, bucket seat, high-end paint done in Carousel Red with black interior. Year correct block with Code 48 heads, Ram Air manifolds and Ram Air induction system. The frame has been sand blasted and powder coated with all suspension detail to match. Goodyear Polyglas tires including the spare.

Magnante will probably say this Judge "sports the correct air cleaner decal" or something like that....

Cannot afford a $9 grille emblem or $4 RAM AIR hood stickers? Also somebody better check the PHS on this one.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 01-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Lot 1654 - 1969 Judge RAIII - 4spd

Ram Air III, 4-speed, power steering, power brakes, and stereo. Rotisserie restored to it's original condition. Painted in it's original color of Carousel Red. Interior restored in the original black. Not matching numbers.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 01-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the Lucerne Blue '71 is going to be interesting to watch with it's history and that gorgeous color, such a nice looking car! Lord help my TV if they cut away to commercial when it rolls up, I may throw something I think it should scare $100k based on the prices seen on the previous Judges so far.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Too bad that '71 doesn't have a 4-speed. Then it might really go for some big money.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1969 Ram Air For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksGTO View Post
the Lucerne Blue '71 is going to be interesting to watch with it's history and that gorgeous color, such a nice looking car! Lord help my TV if they cut away to commercial when it rolls up, I may throw something I think it should scare $100k based on the prices seen on the previous Judges so far.
100K is TALL cotton for an automatic '71 Judge hardtop, even with it being the best color combo. If it hits that, I'd say the market is at or above 2006-2007 level on automatic '71 Judges...

Other than Lot 1044, the orange cars need considerable work.

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 01-17-2014 at 12:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 'ol Pinion head For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

whats the deal with all the wrong master cylinders....are the correct ones that hard to get? cuz i have a bunch....

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
whats the deal with all the wrong master cylinders....are the correct ones that hard to get? cuz i have a bunch....
Mark, if you have some spares, I would be a buyer for some.

I think it is easier for these restorers to simply go to the local parts store and pickup a new one ready to go than sending in the original to get rebuilt. A lot cheaper and faster, plus if they are not Pontiac guys, they have no idea. Or simply don't care. Need to get the car done and out to turn a profit.

I wonder what a 100% concours correct 69 Judge would bring at Barrett-Jackson. I mean one with virtually no flaws that everyone here on PY would be drooling over and unable to find anything to bash on it. Would the bidders even be able to recognize the fact that it was correct in every way? (and bid it to premium levels?)

If cars can hammer at $100k that we can all sit back and list things that are not correct or need attention, what would a "perfect" one go for?

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

Old 01-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

look at the 71 with the 69...

its the first thing you see from the drivers side..dunno

john, I will see what i have, i need 1, my buddy doing his 69 we talked about asked for one..i think i have some more

I got his info too..i will PM you..its from Griffiths, in Neosho Mo not Iowa.

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 01-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prices sound "strange" to me...

My initial thought is: consider some large "collections" that "may" be sold this year, or when market "goes up again" and some who have opinions that they were "waiting for the market to return".... would these people (with more than one car in collection) benefit from strong showings in an early 2014 auction and strong prices?

These things are un-regulated, arnt they..basically....? Buyers agents able to buy back, and in my opinion not much better then ebay and the "stuff" that goes on there for establishing "real world" value...

If sales in private sector start going up $40,000 +/- for a 69 Judge in near condition, then I would say otherwise......or it could be there were buyers ready and willing and HAD to have that 69 and got in a bidding war!.....

Old 01-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JOHN View Post
Mark, if you have some spares, I would be a buyer for some.

I wonder what a 100% concours correct 69 Judge would bring at Barrett-Jackson. I mean one with virtually no flaws that everyone here on PY would be drooling over and unable to find anything to bash on it. Would the bidders even be able to recognize the fact that it was correct in every way? (and bid it to premium levels?)

If cars can hammer at $100k that we can all sit back and list things that are not correct or need attention, what would a "perfect" one go for?
It would probable go for 50k. Sometime stuff sells for twice what its worth and other times for 1/2 what its worth. To tell you the truth I dont even care what stuff sells for there because it really does not effect the market after the auction. Anyway the guys that took their Judges there this year should be real happy. That blue 71 looks like a very nice car and it will probable do the worst.

The Following User Says Thank You to weranc55 For This Useful Post: