67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 08-07-2002, 07:03 PM

Can someone fill me in on what it takes to get the non-air kick panels out of my 69 firebird? The passenger side panel strikes the heater box before it clears the hole it fits into, the driver side panel is blocked by the bar that holds the emergency brake and I'm not sure how to remove it. I've never done this before and I'm clueless.

Old 08-07-2002, 07:03 PM

Can someone fill me in on what it takes to get the non-air kick panels out of my 69 firebird? The passenger side panel strikes the heater box before it clears the hole it fits into, the driver side panel is blocked by the bar that holds the emergency brake and I'm not sure how to remove it. I've never done this before and I'm clueless.

Old 08-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Senior Chief

I've had my '69 Bird kick panels in and out several times and it's not a job I really look forward to - but it's not too bad. No secret to it. Just have to keep pulling, shifting, wiggling, etc. I have been able to remove the passenger side without first removing anything, except maybe the sill plate. I have removed it with the heater box in place. On the driver side you must first remove the emergency brake assembly - no away around it. Good luck.

Old 08-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree completely with mgoblue....the passenger side is actually quite easy. I didn't even have a sill plate to deal with, so 4 screws and out.

The driver's side is tougher. You do have to take the emergency brake pedal off, which really isn't that bad once you get into it. I believe you also need to remove the high beam switch off the floor.

John